I keep losing only ONE contact

Rasjudah

Reaction score
Am i the only one getting this problem? Whats interesting is that its the most frequently used contact . I am so tired of adding it every time this happens. It erases this contact on my gmail account too , so every time i have to look for contact info. This is so frustrating how can my most used contact keep getting erased form my phone. I even have to disable sync gmail contacts .

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am i the only one getting this problem? Whats interesting is that its the most frequently used contact . I am so tired of adding it every time this happens. It erases this contact on my gmail account too , so every time i have to look for contact info. This is so frustrating how can my most used contact keep getting erased form my phone. I even have to disable sync gmail contacts .

Try entering him/her in gmail on line as a favorite contact and leave sync on before you do this.

I really don't know if that will help, I've never experienced it myself however I can tell you that when I have lost a contact inputting into gmail instead of using the phone works best.

And just to reassure you, yes, I've seen other people with this issue.

OP
R

Rasjudah

Reaction score
Thanks , i will try adding the contact via gmail next time.

kaufkin

Reaction score
Thanks , i will try adding the contact via gmail next time.

I've tried that, and it didn't work for me.

one theory I have, it has happened a few times to me, and it SEEMS to have been contacts that have been linked to Facebook profiles. Could facebook be removing the contact from the droid, and taking out the linked gmail contact as well, which then feeds up to the gmail a/c?

just a theory....

Kaufkin
Moto Droid, Stock 2.1

oaksenov

Reaction score
That happened to me too. I was thinking I accidentally remove them myself when phone was not locked. So I keep locking my phone now. We'll see.
But now since it happened to you too I am not so sure it was an accidents.

elizabeth5863

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and I'm having a problem where I'm losing a contact from my contact list as well. This is despite me entering the information in the gmail. It's on my contact list on gmail but not on my Droid X phone depsite synching. :(

CrashF16

Reaction score
is it possible that you accidentally linked that contact to another and it's now "hidden."