Getting a Droid TOMORROW - WHICH ONE?!

Cornholio240

Reaction score
I am going to the Verizon store tomorrow and getting a smart phone with the android OS on it.

I am leaning towards the Droid 2 because of its touch screen and also has the full keyboard.

Do you guys think the Droid 2 is one of the better models?

dbu

Reaction score
I am going to the Verizon store tomorrow and getting a smart phone with the android OS on it.

I am leaning towards the Droid 2 because of its touch screen and also has the full keyboard.

Do you guys think the Droid 2 is one of the better models?

Get the Incredible, the Droid 2/X are fail...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are only 2 Droids. The D2 and the X. All the rest are android phones. So do you want a Droid with a physical keyboard? Or does the large screen X appeal to you?

Before anybody says anything the Incredible is a good android phone but if it doesn't say Motorola its not a Droid.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a completely personal choice. Physical size and physical keyboard are major considerations.

Other than that, it's completely up to you. They're all three great phones, and anyone here will have a personal preference and claim that one is better than the other.

Between my coworkers and I, we have all three of them, and we would never start the "better than" pissing contest -- it's completely up to you.

That being said, I like my physical keyboard. I dislike the size of the DX, and I dislike the battery life of the DX and the Incredible.

But, it's all up to you -- they all work very well.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What are your needs? The Droid-2 has a slide out keyboard, the Droid-X is bigger with no physical keyboard. And if you wait a couple weeks the Droid Pro is a global phone with a Blackberry type keyboard on the front face of the phone.

stanrc

Reaction score
Before anybody says anything the Incredible is a good android phone but if it doesn't say Motorola its not a Droid.

What does that matter? "Droid" is just a clever ad campaign by Verizon. I think it should be fair to say that anyone that asks about "droids" shouldn't be limited to those advertised as such by Verizon, but instead should mean any android phone.

And for the OP, are you going to be rooting and installing roms? If not then make sure the software on the phone is something you like, check out HTC sense, motoblur, and touchwiz and see if there are any you don't like. Also figure out if you need the physical keyboard or not, and how big a screen do you want? Everyone is going to give opinions and say this phone is better than that phone, but with the current lineup from verizon (d2, dx, incredible, fascinate) you can't go wrong with any of them. Just play with each one and see which fits your needs best.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Droid X. Rooted and themed hands down the best DROID. I had the incredible and it was a great phone. But even with the extended battery it was an EPIC FAIL! Full battery at moderate use at most six hours. That's total crap. Droid X with stock battery at most 10 to 12 hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dbu

Reaction score
Droid X. Rooted and themed hands down the best DROID. I had the incredible and it was a great phone. But even with the extended battery it was an EPIC FAIL! Full battery at moderate use at most six hours. That's total crap. Droid X with stock battery at most 10 to 12 hours.

What were you doing with your Incredible? I have the extended battery and I have gone 32 hours with moderate usage without a charge.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Bro im sorry to say but I do not believe you... maybe on 32 hours of stand by LOL fail.!!

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Have you had the droid X?

What were you doing with your Incredible? I have the extended battery and I have gone 32 hours with moderate usage without a charge.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I share a cube with two guys -- one has the big extended battery, the other has the smaller extended battery. I've seen the former go 30 hours on a single charge, I've seen the latter go 16 -- and we play with our phones all day long.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Well I've had both and I my self prefer the droid x. And I dont have to get some ugly ass extended battery cover to use my phone lol!

dbu

Reaction score
Have you had the droid X?

Yes, I had the X for about 2 weeks and hated every minute of it rooted or not. I traded it in for the Incredible and have been much happier. No battery issues for me, I probably won't even charge my phone tonight.

dbu

Reaction score
Well I've had both and I my self prefer the droid x. And I dont have to get some ugly ass extended battery cover to use my phone lol!

It only adds 3mm, and actually I like it with the extended battery on it because it gives you something to hold on to when using in landscape mode. I did like the screen real estate on the X, but I have to do a lot of climbing and rigging and what not for my job and it just wasn't pocketable for me while climbing beams in various arenas 140ft in the air.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Sure thing guy. Well I use my X without any EXTRA crap and I love it.