Getting a Droid TOMORROW - WHICH ONE?!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before anybody says anything the Incredible is a good android phone but if it doesn't say Motorola its not a Droid.

What does that matter? "Droid" is just a clever ad campaign by Verizon. I think it should be fair to say that anyone that asks about "droids" shouldn't be limited to those advertised as such by Verizon, but instead should mean any android phone.

And for the OP, are you going to be rooting and installing roms? If not then make sure the software on the phone is something you like, check out HTC sense, motoblur, and touchwiz and see if there are any you don't like. Also figure out if you need the physical keyboard or not, and how big a screen do you want? Everyone is going to give opinions and say this phone is better than that phone, but with the current lineup from verizon (d2, dx, incredible, fascinate) you can't go wrong with any of them. Just play with each one and see which fits your needs best.

It doesn't matter, I just like to throw that in there so I can get a little reaction every once in a while.:icon_ devil:

I still stand by what I said though.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Mrdanks

Reaction score
OK then PLEASE post a screen shot of 32 hours of run time on your incredible.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK then PLEASE post a screen shot of 32 hours of run time on your incredible.

Rather than him proving to you that he's running 32 hours at a time on the extended battery, I challenge you to prove to us that he's not.

32 hours is a perfectly reasonalbe charge/use time for an Incredible with the extended battery from Sedio. If he had said 50 hours with moderate use, I'd have called him out but 32 is about right.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Umm how about no... how about he or you just post a picture with 32 plus hours of up time. Not standby time.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Look the point is, if you want to buy a brand new phone and then before you leave the store buy the 60$ extended battery, buy the incredible. But if you want a solid phone without any extras then stick with the real droids and go Moto.

dbu

Reaction score
Umm how about no... how about he or you just post a picture with 32 plus hours of up time. Not standby time.

This is not mine, this came from the Incredible forum at xda. Uptime IS standby time (time from boot), awake time is actual usage time. You will see in this pic that the uptime is over 3 days with an awake time (usage) of over 8 hours. Not sure why this is so unbelievable to you. Of course no battery is going to give you 32 hours of awake time. This is with the OEM HTC 2150mah extended battery.
61e7c138-9fc8-c2ac.jpg

61e7c138-9fe0-7458.jpg

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Well good for you.
Just saying im good on a stock phone. Don't have to buy a new battery just to use it... lol good luck on your choice of phone.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I've seen that before. Its not an incredible.

You're just plain wrong. Let it go and move on.

Is it cool that you need an extended battery, no. Does the extended battery work well, yes. End of story.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
I am going to the Verizon store tomorrow and getting a smart phone with the android OS on it.

I am leaning towards the Droid 2 because of its touch screen and also has the full keyboard.

Do you guys think the Droid 2 is one of the better models?

While your at you check out the fascinate. Its a nice phone too. And the stock battery is great!

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Sorry I was just messin with dude and he got all butt hurt. Im done.

dbu

Reaction score
Well good for you.
Just saying im good on a stock phone. Don't have to buy a new battery just to use it... lol good luck on your choice of phone.

I am. Have fun with that locked bootloader... #motofail
And, I wasn't butt hurt, you were just being a douche bag about the whole thing and then I pwnd you, so yeah...

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Sure thing. I'm happy and I dont even need a 70$ battery to use it LOL