GB and Contact Display

clueless77

Reaction score
3.8.7 is just the newest sbf file available it will cut out one update, so yes download that sbf

extract rsd then run installation of extracted file
download drivers and run to install
extract sbf and the extracted file will be what you use so remember the name for when finding it

after all installs are done get phone in bootloader mode go into programs and run rsd as you would any program actually there will be a desktop shortcut, then connect USB and you should hear phone comunicate with pc and it should show in rsd panel

look for the "..." click and find the sbf file, highlight and select open, then select start and sit back and wait

when its done power into stock recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot and see what happens

yes sd is fine in device

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
The zip with the RSD had a bunch of drivers with it, but each one said that a newer version was already installed, so I guess RSD already installed the necessary drivers. SPF downloading as we speak, then I need to decide if I have enough brain power to do this now or just wait for the new Pro (I think the latter, but at least I'll have everything ready). Stay tuned....

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

clueless77

Reaction score
Really its not difficult, its seems far scarier then it actually is.

If it says drivers are installed then you should be good, truthfully usually when you hook USB up drivers install themselves
Just remember extract sbf file and remember name and where its extracted at
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
3.8.7 is just the newest sbf file available it will cut out one update, so yes download that sbf

extract rsd then run installation of extracted file
download drivers and run to install
extract sbf and the extracted file will be what you use so remember the name for when finding it

after all installs are done get phone in bootloader mode go into programs and run rsd as you would any program actually there will be a desktop shortcut, then connect USB and you should hear phone comunicate with pc and it should show in rsd panel

look for the "..." click and find the sbf file, highlight and select open, then select start and sit back and wait

when its done power into stock recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot and see what happens

yes sd is fine in device

In the middle of doing the sbf now. Please clarify what to do when it is complete. Do I just power into recovery mode and wipe the cache?

It seems like the phone is connecting and disconnecting to USB a fair bit during sbf...I hope I don't mess this up!

clueless77

Reaction score
It will make that sound a few times, if it disconnects it will tell you, it will say rebooting and then it rebooted just let it get to 100% and it will prompt manual start up, this is when I power down and reboot into STOCK recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
It will make that sound a few times, if it disconnects it will tell you, it will say rebooting and then it rebooted just let it get to 100% and it will prompt manual start up, this is when I power down and reboot into STOCK recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot

Not sure I did it right then. I pulled the USB cable when RSD Lite was at 100%, then pulled the battery and booted into recovery mode. Then I wiped the cache and data. Google's loading now...

clueless77

Reaction score
Lol ok no problem and yeah it takes forever on pro, my X downloads pretty quick

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
So of course it didn't work. I think it's a display issue in GB. The good news (I guess) is I got a "certified like new" Pro.

I will continue to hound MOTO until they provide me with instructions for the OS. I noticed there's now a task manager. Can I finally have all their annoying forced apps shut off automatically?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums