contacts, not all numbers displaying

kabal22

Reaction score
I have tried searching threads for this question, I couldn't find it and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere.

I can't seem to get ALL phone numbers for some contacts to display when I pull up that contact.

Because of my work my phone has the caller ID blocked by default. But most of the people in my contacts I have saved with *82 ahead of the number. Then, of course, in order for texts to go through I save another number under pager which is their number without the *82.

As a result of this I have a lot of contacts with 4 or 5 numbers each total.

But when I pull up contacts, none want to display more than 3. Add to that the *82 is almost never one of the displayed numbers. It is becoming a real hassle trying to use my phone.

I have gont into settings and selected all of the display options and everything should show. I can go into edit and usually the other numbers are there, but even then on the Droid sometimes only three show but on gmail on a PC they are all there.

If there is even a better contact display/search app I can download to workaround this I am game (even if it costs).

Can anyone offer any advice or solutions to make this work? I would hate to have to return the phone and go back to my windows based but I need the contacts to be there.

thanks for any help...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
E
I have tried searching threads for this question, I couldn't find it and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere.

I can't seem to get ALL phone numbers for some contacts to display when I pull up that contact.

Because of my work my phone has the caller ID blocked by default. But most of the people in my contacts I have saved with *82 ahead of the number. Then, of course, in order for texts to go through I save another number under pager which is their number without the *82.

As a result of this I have a lot of contacts with 4 or 5 numbers each total.

But when I pull up contacts, none want to display more than 3. Add to that the *82 is almost never one of the displayed numbers. It is becoming a real hassle trying to use my phone.

I have gont into settings and selected all of the display options and everything should show. I can go into edit and usually the other numbers are there, but even then on the Droid sometimes only three show but on gmail on a PC they are all there.

If there is even a better contact display/search app I can download to workaround this I am game (even if it costs).

Can anyone offer any advice or solutions to make this work? I would hate to have to return the phone and go back to my windows based but I need the contacts to be there.

thanks for any help...

The first thing I would do is go to your gmail account on line and look at the way your contacts appear there. You will be able to see and edit better on a computer.

OP
K

kabal22

Reaction score
They all look fine on Gmail.

I tried to reorder them with more important ones on top but that doesn't seem to matter and some of the same names have some of the same numbers not wanting to come up.

I am thinking I may go into a Verizon store and play with one of their functioning displays and make sure this isn't just a glitch on my particular phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Check that you have it set to show all contacts and that you are not filtering them.

OP
K

kabal22

Reaction score
Yes, set to view all, and all boxes are checked to show non phone numbers, etc.

The problem seems to relate to contacts that have numbers saved with *821 in front of the ten digit number. I don't know if because those contacts typically have more numbers saved or if it's specific to the *82.

I looked up some prefix dialers and can't seem to find one to auto dial the *82 for everything in contacts seemlessly (I would pay for such an app, seriously) then I could take that out of my saved entries.

I have NEVER had this prob on several windows based phones, surprised I am dealing with it now.

torrance04

Reaction score
I have a brand new Bionic and I am having this exact problem (I use the *82 also), Did you every find a solution to this issue?