Ordering numbers for a contact with multiple numbers

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
Is there any way to set a primary number or order the numbers in a contact with multiple numbers? For most of my contacts I have a primary number that I will call most of the time. Unfortunately, the number may end up in the middle of 3 or 4 other numbers. I would like to be able to order the display of the numbers in the list or at least be able to have the primary number display at the top.

Thanks,

HappyDroidUser

mack19318

Reaction score
It will be the number you start the account with. That number will show up on your bill first and show up online as primary line.
Not sure what else you mean?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
H

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
I'm not talking about my number but another person in my address book with multiple numbers. As an example, I added a person to my address book and their cell phone number. At a later time I added their work number, work cell number, and home number. The original cell number I entered ended up 3rd in the list of numbers within the contact display. I would like to at least place a particular number that I will probably use to call this person the most to display at the top of the 4 entered numbers so I don't have to look for the proper number to call. This may not sound like a big issue but it can make things a lot easier if trying to contact someone while driving.

mack19318

Reaction score
Ahh, ok that makes more sense.
Try deleting all numbers, and then put then back into your contact in the order you want them to appear.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
H

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
That solution will work however it can be tedious since I have a lot of contacts that fall into this category. It also means that it will be an ongoing process as I add additional contacts and will have to do it from within Gmail on my computer to guarantee the phone number order. Google needs to come up with a better way to deal with this situation whether its by using your phone or through Gmail on your computer. Both options are preferred!