GB and Contact Display

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
My boss has an X and is the typical person that needs to run to vzw for everything. At least I've learned to use the forums :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I think it's a change in the way that contacts display with GB. All my contacts and #'s are intact and backed up with Google contacts.

I'm going to contact MOTO today to try and get a detailed explanation of GB. Thanks again for all your help. Do you ever sleep? ;)

clueless77

Reaction score
Well I didn't help much but not a problem, I like helping when I can.

Lol yes I get a few hours here and there

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
So Motorola can't even tell me how to manipulate the new GB features; only sent me a list of them.

Utterly mind blowing...

clueless77

Reaction score
I really think you should sbf and take all the updates and you will be good

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
What's sbf? They're sending me a new device Tues.

clueless77

Reaction score
Another pro?

It's basically restoring complete stock os even beyond a reset

Look in one of the two sections for the pro and there is a sticky with instructions and download info, its really easy having done it a gazillion times myself

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Yeah another Pro. So wont it arrive in that complete stock state or should I do this when the device arrives before I begin the wonderful process of restoring everything?

clueless77

Reaction score
Yea you will have to activate it and sign in to Google again

But I'm saying try that today on your current phone but ONLY. If you read directions and feel comfortable doing so

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Honestly, I just don't have the mental energy right now. When I get the new Pro, I will activate it and let google force my contacts without doing anything else. If it doesn't work, then I will do it.

Thanks again for sharing my misery...I'll let you know how it turns out Tuesday.

clueless77

Reaction score
lol i understand and ok i hope it works out and i feel it should and no problem its what all the fine folks on the forum are here for, to help each other out

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
lol i understand and ok i hope it works out and i feel it should and no problem its what all the fine folks on the forum are here for, to help each other out

Alright...I found the sticky and just have a couple of question so I don't screw up. It says download the SBF or 3.8.7 SBF-which one should I use? Then I install RSD lite. Then I install the drivers, start RSD lite and plug in the phone. I think I'll go for it even though I'm fried-I just want to see if it works. Yeah...I have issues...

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Alright...I found the sticky and just have a couple of question so I don't screw up. It says download the SBF or 3.8.7 SBF-which one should I use? Then I install RSD lite. Then I install the drivers, start RSD lite and plug in the phone. I think I'll go for it even though I'm fried-I just want to see if it works. Yeah...I have issues...

Also, can I safely leave the SD card in? I assume so, but you know what ASSUME stands for...