1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GB and Contact Display

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by nitrate28, Oct 15, 2011.

1. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

Like most of you, I got the GB forced on my Pro. this AM and am trying to figure it out.

My contacts now only display 1 phone number. I have multiple numbers and emails on my ~1500 and the old OS would display all of them in each contact.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done? VZW was clueless, of course.

THANKS!
  2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

If you have that many contacts it may take some time for gmail, I'm assuming gmail is your source for syncing contacts, to sync all that information. Power off your phone and then power back on. That will initiate a gmail sysc...maybe it will pickup the addition contact info.
  3. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

Thanks for the quick response, Anthony. I manually synched Google already, so that's not the issue. When I tap "edit" on a contact, all the info is still there, so it has to be a display setting issue.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  4. jpcalhoun

Well one last recommendation...boot into recovery mode (r+m+power button), when you see the triangle press the up/down volume rocker. Using your volume rocker highlight "clear cache" and select then highlight "reboot" and select.
  5. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never booted into recovery mode before. I tried pressing r,m and power in sequence, then simultaneously. Would you please provide more specific directions?

THANK YOU SO MUCH?
  6. Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell New Member

To get into Recovery, pull the battery from the phone, then put it back in. Then press R, M, Power simultaneously (I would recommend pressing R and M first, then pressing the power button, so that it will be sure to recognize all 3 buttons are being pressed. When you get an exclamation point on your screen, hit the @ button.
  7. jpcalhoun

Are we back to "@" with this version of gingerbread. I know on 4.6.4 you had to use the up/down rocker. Whatever works is fine with me.
  8. Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell New Member

Oh, I had no idea it changed. I didn't spend much time at all with stock Gingerbread.
  9. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

I can't get past the exclamation point. I tried holding the @. I'll try holding the rocker as well now.
  10. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

Neither one worked. Just stayed at the ! Ugh.
  11. jpcalhoun

OK, well we're almost there. I guess this version of Gingerbread (4.6.8) has a different key press for getting past the explanation point, and I don't know what it is. You can try pressing the side programmable button or any other keyboard button and see it that gets you past the explanation point. Don't worry, you're not going to hurt anything by pressing a key or button that does nothing. There is only two things you can do from the explanation point...pull battery or find the right key to press to get you into recovery. Let me check around and see what I can find.
  12. jpcalhoun

Well, I'm at the triangle/explanation mark too and can't get past it. I've pressed every button/key on the phone to no avail. I guess battery pull is all that is left. I will ask the Moto support forum for information regarding how to get into recovery mode.
  13. Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell New Member

That's really annoying that they keep changing it.
  14. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

Just did it on my pro with 4.6.8 and confirmed its volume up+down at same time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  15. jpcalhoun

You're right it is up+down rocker. I did a battery pull then booted into recovery (r+m+power). Once at the triangle/explanation point I pressed the volume rocker up+down at same time...took me right into recovery.
  16. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

Well now that we all figured out how to boot into recovery, I cleared the cache and still have the original issue that started this thread. I can't view all the email and phone# of my contacts.

Together, we will figure it out!
  17. jpcalhoun

HURRAY, at least four of us know how to get into recovery mode for sure:icon_ banana:Well, I think we've just exceeded my limited list of fixes. The only other thing I can think of is to do a factory reset...I know...big PITA...and I'm not sure that will fix the issue. I would recommend deleting your gmail account and reestablishing it, but if I remember rightly to do that you'll have to do a factory reset before it will delete your gmail account anyway.
  18. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

That and if you aren't rommed did you happen to use back up assist

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  19. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

I am not Rommed and loathe backup assistant, so no. At least I know the update didn't trash my database because I can see all the #'s and emails when I go to edit a contact.
  20. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

1 other thing I forgot to mention that probably has no bearing on this issue-I pulled my SIM card when I first got the phone because it would keep defaulting back to global mode.

THANKS!