GB and Contact Display

nitrate28

Reaction score
Like most of you, I got the GB forced on my Pro. this AM and am trying to figure it out.

My contacts now only display 1 phone number. I have multiple numbers and emails on my ~1500 and the old OS would display all of them in each contact.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done? VZW was clueless, of course.

THANKS!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Like most of you, I got the GB forced on my Pro. this AM and am trying to figure it out.

My contacts now only display 1 phone number. I have multiple numbers and emails on my ~1500 and the old OS would display all of them in each contact.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done? VZW was clueless, of course.

THANKS!
If you have that many contacts it may take some time for gmail, I'm assuming gmail is your source for syncing contacts, to sync all that information. Power off your phone and then power back on. That will initiate a gmail sysc...maybe it will pickup the addition contact info.

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, Anthony. I manually synched Google already, so that's not the issue. When I tap "edit" on a contact, all the info is still there, so it has to be a display setting issue.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, Anthony. I manually synched Google already, so that's not the issue. When I tap "edit" on a contact, all the info is still there, so it has to be a display setting issue.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
Well one last recommendation...boot into recovery mode (r+m+power button), when you see the triangle press the up/down volume rocker. Using your volume rocker highlight "clear cache" and select then highlight "reboot" and select.

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never booted into recovery mode before. I tried pressing r,m and power in sequence, then simultaneously. Would you please provide more specific directions?

THANK YOU SO MUCH?

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
To get into Recovery, pull the battery from the phone, then put it back in. Then press R, M, Power simultaneously (I would recommend pressing R and M first, then pressing the power button, so that it will be sure to recognize all 3 buttons are being pressed. When you get an exclamation point on your screen, hit the @ button.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
To get into Recovery, pull the battery from the phone, then put it back in. Then press R, M, Power simultaneously (I would recommend pressing R and M first, then pressing the power button, so that it will be sure to recognize all 3 buttons are being pressed. When you get an exclamation point on your screen, hit the @ button.
Are we back to "@" with this version of gingerbread. I know on 4.6.4 you had to use the up/down rocker. Whatever works is fine with me.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Are we back to "@" with this version of gingerbread. I know on 4.6.4 you had to use the up/down rocker. Whatever works is fine with me.

Oh, I had no idea it changed. I didn't spend much time at all with stock Gingerbread.

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
I can't get past the exclamation point. I tried holding the @. I'll try holding the rocker as well now.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Neither one worked. Just stayed at the ! Ugh.
OK, well we're almost there. I guess this version of Gingerbread (4.6.8) has a different key press for getting past the explanation point, and I don't know what it is. You can try pressing the side programmable button or any other keyboard button and see it that gets you past the explanation point. Don't worry, you're not going to hurt anything by pressing a key or button that does nothing. There is only two things you can do from the explanation point...pull battery or find the right key to press to get you into recovery. Let me check around and see what I can find.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Neither one worked. Just stayed at the ! Ugh.
Well, I'm at the triangle/explanation mark too and can't get past it. I've pressed every button/key on the phone to no avail. I guess battery pull is all that is left. I will ask the Moto support forum for information regarding how to get into recovery mode.

clueless77

Reaction score
Just did it on my pro with 4.6.8 and confirmed its volume up+down at same time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Just did it on my pro with 4.6.8 and confirmed its volume up+down at same time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
You're right it is up+down rocker. I did a battery pull then booted into recovery (r+m+power). Once at the triangle/explanation point I pressed the volume rocker up+down at same time...took me right into recovery.