Galaxy SII Announcement Coming August 29? We hope so!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Celox

Celox has a larger display and better technical specifications than Galaxy S. The device sports a 4.5-inch display with 800x480 screen resolution and 800MHz LTE support.

The device will run on a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 chipset. 1750 Li-ion battery of Celox is also another key feature.

loki993

Reaction score
So I guess I dont get it. Theyre making an announcement that the GSII is comming the the US..on august 29th. This is info weve know for months now and theyre just confirming it. Not where its going, not when, just that it is. So for all we kno it could be actually releasing next year. I guess I dont see the reason to get excited over this.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I guess I dont get it. Theyre making an announcement that the GSII is comming the the US..on august 29th. This is info weve know for months now and theyre just confirming it. Not where its going, not when, just that it is. So for all we kno it could be actually releasing next year. I guess I dont see the reason to get excited over this.

People are excited because on August 29th, there is a good chance they will know where and when it is coming to the US.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Bingo, not only when but what specs the SII will have for each carrier as well, which is still an unknown.

loki993

Reaction score
All speculation at this point though. Then what if they do announce all that but then they say well its not coming until Christmas or something like that. Im not getting bent out of shape about anything until I have a firm date to compare with other releases.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All speculation at this point though. Then what if they do announce all that but then they say well its not coming until Christmas or something like that. Im not getting bent out of shape about anything until I have a firm date to compare with other releases.

There are a lot of "what if's" you could throw out there, but to a lot of people, it's all about hope... what they want is a light at the end of the tunnel; something to hope for... and this announcement gives them exactly that... why take it away from them?

loki993

Reaction score
Im not trying to take anything away from them. Yes it will be nice to know for sure finally. But until I know exactly whats being announced or what the release date is I myself cannot get excited. Call me jaded or cynical but with all the delays from all the companys now its hard for me to get excited about anything but confirmed hard info. I mean how many times has the Bionic been pushed back now? What about HTCs "big" announcemnt? Were putting Beatz in all or nice phones now. Ill get excited about this phone on the 29th when and if they announce a release date that isnt later then about mid September and that it has 4G.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1) I mean how many times has the Bionic been pushed back now?
2) What about HTCs "big" announcemnt? Were putting Beatz in all or nice phones now.

1) Twice since the inception of Bionic and none since the Targa became the Bionic, I think...
2) Touche... you win this round

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69