Galaxy SII Announcement Coming August 29? We hope so!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually it is Samsung that get the Blame!! Samsung supplies the updates for their phones. If the updates are not up to standards of Verizon. Verizon rejects it. At first Samsung said they was not going to update the Fascinate then after the feed back from the phone owners and Verizon they reneged and offered a sub pare update in which got rejected by Verizon. When they came with a good one that got accepted by Verizon then the Fascinate got Fro-yo... They have always been the last to give updates if they give updates at all.

Right... Look at the Droid X GB update. It sucked terribly. So you can't say that Verizon really cares, other than the fact that it has tethering detection built in.

CM74DX

DoctorV

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I think you guys are missunderstanding this announcement. don't jump the gun we've heard so little from this I hardly believe that august 29th is going to be a launch/release date. sorry I just don't think were gonna see it in 2 weeks.

get your hopes up if you want but don't call it a slap in motorolas face until it actually comes out...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Does anyone remember what was considered a "major announcement" from HTC?

"HTC strikes Deal with BEATS by Dr.Dre"
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/165225-htc-strikes-deal-beats-dr-dre.html

I bet this will be Samsungs next major announcement. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it though. I'm still not recovering from my excitement over the HTC announcement. /sarcasm

Honestly everyone needs to calm down. I guarantee you that this announcement will have nothing to do with the GS2. At best it will be some mention of some crappy tablet that nobody will care about. Even if by some miracle that the GS2 is mentioned it will be something like, "Samsung is proud to announce the release of the Samsung Galaxy S2 to selected carriers Q1 2012!!11!11!!!" . . . . . . in Brazil!!!!11!!1!!1!!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what was considered a "major announcement" from HTC?

"HTC strikes Deal with BEATS by Dr.Dre"
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/165225-htc-strikes-deal-beats-dr-dre.html

I bet this will be Samsungs next major announcement. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it though. I'm still not recovering from my excitement over the HTC announcement. /sarcasm

Honestly everyone needs to calm down. I guarantee you that this announcement will have nothing to do with the GS2. At best it will be some mention of some crappy tablet that nobody will care about. Even if by some miracle that the GS2 is mentioned it will be something like, "Samsung is proud to announce the release of the Samsung Galaxy S2 to selected carriers Q1 2012!!11!11!!!" . . . . . . in Brazil!!!!11!!1!!1!!

So you're saying the random Roman Numeral "II" was there just to make the Samsung Event picture look good? Right....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right... Look at the Droid X GB update. It sucked terribly for me. So you can't say that Verizon really cares, other than the fact that it has tethering detection built in.

CM74DX

I added that...cuz it worked great for me and other ppl. Just like Froyo wasnt terrible for ost Droid 1 users...GB wasnt terrible for most Droid X1 users.

DoctorV

Reaction score
So you're saying the random Roman Numeral "II" was there just to make the Samsung Event picture look good? Right....

Don't worry. Samsung will try it's best to think of a way to disappoint you :) It will probably be something like this:
Galaxy Tab II Release Date To Be Announced at MWC 2011, On Sunday | Redmond Pie

icon_%20devil.gif
Problem?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think its gonna be for the GS2 phone too. Hopefully it will be definite time frames for the U.S. carriers and hopefully which carrier it will launch on first.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I added that...cuz it worked great for me and other ppl. Just like Froyo wasnt terrible for ost Droid 1 users...GB wasnt terrible for most Droid X1 users.

IDK about most DX users since pretty much everyone I have come into contact with has had issues

CM74DX

Jester6x

Reaction score
I think we can rule out aug 8th....

Haha. I think he meant Sept 8th. But I would have to believe we can rule that out for Verizon as well. We haven't seen anything on it. I would love to have a sneak attack launch but I just don't see it happening. We would have to start seeing FCC and 'in the wild' photos right....about.....NOW! .............................................darn it.........

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it won't take long for it to pass through the FCC. We've all seen devices pass through the FCC days before release. The Stratosphere should be fine for a September 8th release though I do find it weird for Verizon to release two 4G phones on the same day.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Right... Look at the Droid X GB update. It sucked terribly. So you can't say that Verizon really cares, other than the fact that it has tethering detection built in.

CM74DX

I am not saying that they care!!! I am just saying that is how it usually work.. I did not have problems with the Gingerbread update on my wife's DX.