Galaxy Note 7 Might Not Have a 4,000mAh Battery After All [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dual-Camera-gn7.jpg

Not too long ago we shared reports that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 might end up with a whopping 4,000mAh battery. Sadly, today's newest rumor suggests otherwise. According to the latest info we have, the next version of Sammy's Galaxy Note series devices will only have a 3,600mAh battery.

Of course, one rumor contradicting another rumor is like two silent, stinky farts in the same room. You don't know where it came from until/unless someone admits it. This latest rumor-plume includes some additional methane intel worth sniffing. Supposedly this 3,600mAh battery will still net users 20.5 hours of video playback at maximum brightness. It should also contain additional fast-charging modes on both wired and wireless charging, as well as two energy saving modes. These modes were described as “conventional” and “extreme”.

Thanks to @Preach2k for the news tip! You can see his original reply here: Samsung Galaxy Note7 confirmed by another report!

Here's our dedicated Galaxy Note 7 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 6/7

realged13

Reaction score
Please be a 4000. If it is, I am for sure going to get it.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
DG, I'm blaming you for the stink if this pans out ;)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is that a variation on "the one who smelt it, dealt it."? :D
I'll wait until MBMark looks at it and comments

Although that statement however never works with the wife... ;)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Its still an Increase from any other Note and with the CPU being more Efficient shouldnt be too bad. Im still having a time going between Note 7 and Droid Force.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll wait until MBMark looks at it and comments

Although that statement however never works with the wife... ;)
Sealed back. It doesn't matter to me whether it's 3.6k, 4k or 50k. I'm out on this one as well as I was on the Note5. The thread the other day where my man got his phone wet and it wouldn't power down just proved my point to myself. Also the only way to ensure big brother isn't snooping my device is remove the battery. I'm gonna stick with this one until it dies. I don't have to worry about a bad carrier update, like Verizon did my previous HTC phones, turning my phone into a brick because AT&T seems to have abandoned it on L

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Sealed back. It doesn't matter to me whether it's 3.6k, 4k or 50k. I'm out on this one as well as I was on the Note5. The thread the other day where my man got his phone wet and it wouldn't power down just proved my point to myself. Also the only way to ensure big brother isn't snooping my device is remove the battery. I'm gonna stick with this one until it dies. I don't have to worry about a bad carrier update, like Verizon did my previous HTC phones, turning my phone into a brick because AT&T seems to have abandoned it on L

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
If it is water resistant then you should not have that issue if it gets wet!

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sold, I've always wanted a phone that was impervious to my Champagne spills...

Last edited: