Samsung Rumors from Bloomberg: Note 7 Confirmed & Bendable Phones Next Year

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's either a combination of both or coincidence but if not, it's a highly suspicious coincidence. Either way, why not try to maintain some differentiality rather than making it exactly the same. I mean could you see Chevrolet making their next truck an F150 instead of an S-1500 (Silverado)? It's really no coincidence in my mind that the Ford trucks are F150, F250, F350, etc., and the Chevy trucks are 1500, 2500, 3500. At least they maintain some unique identity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Some just haven't been forum junkies like us long enough to know the history of Samsung, all the suits and patent wars that used to be almost daily news. When I post about Samsung cloning it's half in jest and half in wonder if they're about to go there again.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think it's a good move. Typically with device model to device model the updates are quite incremental, and often not worth forking over 8 bills to update to the next generation. Perhaps, along with keeping within the next gen number parameters, the Note 7 may very well include much more than an "incremental update" this series. Their thought process behind skipping a model number could be completely warranted and this device will bring that much needed "WoW" factor, as opposed to just a faster processor and slightly better camera.
Just a thought.
I do like the pickup analogy as well....it makes sense.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good move. Typically with device model to device model the updates are quite incremental, and often not worth forking over 8 bills to update to the next generation. Perhaps, along with keeping within the next gen number parameters, the Note 7 may very well include much more than an "incremental update" this series. Their thought process behind skipping a model number could be completely warranted and this device will bring that much needed "WoW" factor, as opposed to just a faster processor and slightly better camera.
Just a thought.
I do like the pickup analogy as well....it makes sense.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

S5 tap'n
A model number change will not change the Samsung business model. Every even numbered update on notes have always been much bigger leaps than odd number ones whereas odd numbered models have been the bigger change with the S Series. With that being said I guess Samsung will start doing bigger spec change on odd with both models since the Note is an S with larger screen and extra bells and whistles.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I think it's either a combination of both or coincidence but if not, it's a highly suspicious coincidence. Either way, why not try to maintain some differentiality rather than making it exactly the same. I mean could you see Chevrolet making their next truck an F150 instead of an S-1500 (Silverado)? It's really no coincidence in my mind that the Ford trucks are F150, F250, F350, etc., and the Chevy trucks are 1500, 2500, 3500. At least they maintain some unique identity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hmm I guess I feel like "Note" and "Galaxy" differentiates them fine. I'm happy with it as long as they keep the stylus.. hopefully the rumors are false.