[Rumor] Samsung Plans to Launch a Bent Display This Year & a Bendable One Next Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-youm-bent-display-concept-device.jpg

According to recently released intel out of Korea, Samsung plans to launch a mainstream smartphone this year using their YOUM flexible display technology. Supposedly, this device will only be a "bent" display, and the "bendable" one won't show up until next year. This latest rumor also indicates that this newer "bent" display device will only ship out in small quantities to fill a niche market, just as they did with the Galaxy Round device. The main difference is that this new bent phone will include a more pronounced “curve” on one edge of the display (as pictured in the prototype above).

Perhaps their launch slogan for the device will be, "Get bent!"

Source: TalkAndroid

jspradling7

Reaction score
I can't imagine what it would be useful for. I'm not saying it wouldn't be good for something, I just can't figure out what.

swc2001

Reaction score
I agree jspradling7
the only thing I can think of is for an complete screen immersion reality. Such as a dome that a user can sit in that has a 360° field of view in every direction. This could be the next step toward VR.
On phones.... not so much.