Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They are comparable to the LG Tones that I see some folks running around with. I have been considering these since they magnetically clasp together when not using them.
Yeah. Answer calls by pulling them apart & pause music by clicking them together? Nice idea.

However, I'm not a necklace guy, so I'm in the fence, but I guess it's not that different from having ear buds hanging.

Also, not sure if I just have weird ear canals or haven't found the right replacement nubs, but ear buds don't like to stay in my ears.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I don't wear necklaces either, but I love killing excess wires. I just recently ditched my aux cable in my car and started listening to music over bluetooth.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't wear necklaces either, but I love killing excess wires. I just recently ditched my aux cable in my car and started listening to music over bluetooth.
I bought a Bluetooth adapter that has an Aux cable so I don't have to plug my phone in as well. Not as great as it'd be if the car itself had bluetooth, but gets the job done & the sound quality is amazing.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I had one of those I used for awhile and was really impressed with it. I found that I use my aux cable much more simply because I can crank up the tunes much louder with no distortion as opposed to going through BT. I have a pretty sweet vent clip that holds my phone right above my stereo, so there's only about 4 in of aux cable showing, so it's not really unsightly.

tap'n on my S5

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Another Nice Case.

81TlOkKi%2BXL._SL1500_.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Another Nice Case.

81TlOkKi%2BXL._SL1500_.jpg
I thought about that one myself, but once again, I'm going for protective, yet not too bulky. Sure, if there's only room for 2-3 cards in there, it doesn't add THAT much bulk, but if you figure the thickness of the plastic of the case, the cards, then the plastic of the piece that slides out, you're getting pretty thick for my taste.

My girlfriend would be all over this though (If she wasn't bent on getting a smaller phone that the S3). Haha

Also, I'd want to see this thing in person before purchasing, because if that back panel doesn't click in nice and secure without trying to slide out when I don't want it to, no thanks! I think I'd feel a little better about this one if the cards slid in behind edges on either side, so you'd have to slide the thing open, then slide the card out, so at least if the door came loose you'd have a little extra protection from cards just falling out willy nilly.

I'm paranoid enough that I'm sure I'd notice the card fall out either way, but you never know when the last drink you had was one too many for concentration and perception...

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had one of those I used for awhile and was really impressed with it. I found that I use my aux cable much more simply because I can crank up the tunes much louder with no distortion as opposed to going through BT. I have a pretty sweet vent clip that holds my phone right above my stereo, so there's only about 4 in of aux cable showing, so it's not really unsightly.

tap'n on my S5
I forget what brand I bought, but I can crank it pretty darn loud with no issue. It's just a clear as sirius & the bass is intense.

Reactions: cr6

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Preach2k, that top case looks like something out of 'Robo Cop'
'Robo Phone' LOL! Looks way cool.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody find a good holder for the car?

The one I currently have seems just wide enough for my s4, so I'm doubting it'll be able to grasp the note 4.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like to have my phone on the dash region when using it for navigation.

Those are nice cases. I almost went with that second one, but I opted for the neo anyway.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I have the iOttie for my Note 2. It works perfectly and I really like the gel like disk that it secures with. I am able to get suction on the dimpled portion of my dash. The gel disk has the ability to conform to the surface and form a suction.

As for the cases I am looking at the hybrid as well. I am goingo wait till have it in my hands and will probably next day prime in a few cases from Amazon then returnt he ones I dont like.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have the iOttie for my Note 2. It works perfectly and I really like the gel like disk that it secures with. I am able to get suction on the dimpled portion of my dash. The gel disk has the ability to conform to the surface and form a suction.

As for the cases I am looking at the hybrid as well. I am goingo wait till have it in my hands and will probably next day prime in a few cases from Amazon then returnt he ones I dont like.
Thanks for the input on the iOttie. Looks like it'll do the trick and I'm glad to know that someone else has used it with decent results. My car's dash is SUPER dimpled. Looks cool. Is TERRIBLE for cleaning/attaching anything. Those disks they give you with some holders to stick to the dash with 3M double-sided tape stay alright for the most part (Until my girlfriend tries to put the phone in the holder, because she doesn't understand the finesse of holding the base properly while shoving the phone into the clip), but I'm thinking that gel will give a better hold than that and I like that it's adjustable. I appreciated that about the one I have now, but as I said before, it's basically maxed out on my S4.