smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
How cool that they added a kickstand...case looks nice.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Do you think the Note 2/S4 docking station will fit the Note 4 since Samsung has gone back to micro USB 2.0?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Subscribe.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll be shopping myself, so this gives me hope.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just purchased this Case on Amazon.
I did too. After a bit of shopping, this one fits my desires for a case quite well & though there are cheaper ones available, I've had terrible luck with cases from companies I've never heard of, so I went with the red version of the neo case.

Looks like the phone will be here at least a week or two before it arrives at this point. We'll see which one wins...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have the black and silver Neo Hybrid on my Note 3 and it has held up very well. I like that it protects the camera by counter sinking it and at the same time saving the overall form factor of the Note without adding bulk. I have their glass screen protector as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have the black and silver Neo Hybrid on my Note 3 and it has held up very well. I like that it protects the camera by counter sinking it and at the same time saving the overall form factor of the Note without adding bulk. I have their glass screen protector as well.
I don't go for screen protectors, but that was my thought. Added protection without too much bulk. Since I'm upgrading from the S4, it'll be a bit of a thing to get used to the overall size difference anyway. Couple that with the fact that I've been rocking the S4 naked for a few months now, and you're talking about a serious difference.

Honestly, the main reason I got a case for the S4 in the first place was because the back was so slippery that I couldn't set it on my leg or the arm of the couch or anything without it taking a plunge, but I also like to put a case on a brand new phone just because it's my luck that I'll drop it when I first get it. Again, not sure how the size difference will affect that theory, but I figure if I'm gonna pay good money for it, this case is a decent investment.

This case looks like it'll give me what I'm looking for without making the phone super thick and I'm glad to hear you've been satisfied with the former version of it.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I don't care for screen protectors either since they get scratched up fairly quickly and never have the same premium feel that the bare screen provides.

Since my phone spends a fair amount of time in my pockets with other things stuffed in there with it I was always afraid to get scratches in the screen itself. I tried the glass screen protector for the first time with my Note and am sold on them.

I don't know what Spiegen makes them out of but there isn't a loss of resolution nor has it ever been scratched. A couple of added bonuses are that the home button is slightly recessed (no more screen turn ons inside of the pocket) now and even with the protector on their Neo Hybrid still has a lip on it so your screen isn't touching when you lay it flat on its face.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't care for screen protectors either since they get scratched up fairly quickly and never have the same premium feel that the bare screen provides.

Since my phone spends a fair amount of time in my pockets with other things stuffed in there with it I was always afraid to get scratches in the screen itself. I tried the glass screen protector for the first time with my Note and am sold on them.

I don't know what Spiegen makes them out of but there isn't a loss of resolution nor has it ever been scratched. A couple of added bonuses are that the home button is slightly recessed (no more screen turn ons inside of the pocket) now and even with the protector on their Neo Hybrid still has a lip on it so your screen isn't touching when you lay it flat on its face.
That's always been my complaint about screen protectors and I've pontificated on it to no end. Why on Earth would you put something on beautiful screen that makes it look less beautiful all the time to protect the beauty of the screen? I've never had luck applying them without bubbles, but that's on me, not the overall concept.

Also, you're braver than I am, as I've carried my phone in my front left pocket by itself for years now. Everything else (except my wallet) goes in the right front pocket. Keys, change, chapstick, smokes, etc.

On very rare occasions, I might let my pack of gum go in the phone pocket, but always on the backside of the phone, even though the chances of the soft cardboard of the pack has almost NO chance at scratching the glass.

Also, I trust Gorilla Glass after having seen version 1 of it intentionally scratched with keys to show its effectiveness. They've only continued to improve upon the product since that video, but not everyone is as cautious with their phone as I tend to be, at least as far as carrying it around goes.

In closing, I suppose you get what you pay for as well. There's a chance that, if I spent a little extra on a "good" screen protector, I might like it better, but my original points stand as far as my preference.

(I feel like all of my posts have been lengthy since I returned to the forum today after a considerable hiatus. Guess I kept a lot pent up inside. Haha)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I did too. After a bit of shopping, this one fits my desires for a case quite well & though there are cheaper ones available, I've had terrible luck with cases from companies I've never heard of, so I went with the red version of the neo case.

Looks like the phone will be here at least a week or two before it arrives at this point. We'll see which one wins...

I have the Black and Satin Neo Hybrid Case for My GNote3. It kept my Phone thin and it protested it from falls. A friend of mine has a GNote3 with an Otter Box Case. It looked so huge. I will stick with Spigen!!!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Moved to Galaxy Note 4 Accessories Forum

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I won't quote your post Preach, to avoid duplicating one so long, but I'm happy with the decision I made.

That first one looks rugged and durable, but WAY too bulky for my needs.

The bumper case, while I suppose I like the idea of providing protection to the back as well as being a bumper, not my style and I don't really see the point in this over a regular shell case unless you had some kind of special design on the back of the phone that you just HAVE to show off.

And I think the last one is the one that I was debating on before ordering the Neo, but they got me on the metal on the Neo and the option of a colored accent. I figure if I'm going to put a case on the first Samsung phone I own with metal on it, I should celebrate that fact with a case with a bit of a metal accent as well. And I've always been partial to black and red together. It's what sold me on my car, because it's got black interior on the bottom half with accents around the stereo and shifter and seats.