Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I won't quote your post Preach, to avoid duplicating one so long, but I'm happy with the decision I made.

That first one looks rugged and durable, but WAY too bulky for my needs.

The bumper case, while I suppose I like the idea of providing protection to the back as well as being a bumper, not my style and I don't really see the point in this over a regular shell case unless you had some kind of special design on the back of the phone that you just HAVE to show off.

And I think the last one is the one that I was debating on before ordering the Neo, but they got me on the metal on the Neo and the option of a colored accent. I figure if I'm going to put a case on the first Samsung phone I own with metal on it, I should celebrate that fact with a case with a bit of a metal accent as well. And I've always been partial to black and red together. It's what sold me on my car, because it's got black interior on the bottom half with accents around the stereo and shifter and seats.

You will be happy!!! I got a Neo Hybrid Day 1 for my GNote3. I got it for $1 when Spigen messed up with the price.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So is the band around the outside of the Neo Hybrid metal now? The Neo Hybrid for the Note 3 is just plastic. That will be a pure win.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It's a great case. I have the Silver/Black combo and someone asked me once if it was a "Mac phone". Lolz errrm no.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
The band around this is Metal! I am going to Order this one also.
81%2BcxO99fPL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Verus-...+shield+red&tag=androidcentral00-20&m1k=vb_ac

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's a great case. I have the Silver/Black combo and someone asked me once if it was a "Mac phone". Lolz errrm no.
Haha! Yeah. Looking at the pics, I'm sure I'll be pleased. Only thing I worry about now is whether or not I'll want to put it on after potentially having the phone without a case for a week or two depending on when each ships.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Nice find! I've added it to my wishlist on Amazon. Hopefully it will add more drop protection than the Spiegen. I've never dropped my phone before, but I have often wondered how the case would fair if I did.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Nice find! I've added it to my wishlist on Amazon. Hopefully it will add more drop protection than the Spiegen. I've never dropped my phone before, but I have often wondered how the case would fair if I did.

I dropped mine a few times with my Spigen Case. Case has some scratches but never cracked.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I dropped mine a few times with my Spigen Case. Case has some scratches but never cracked.
Even if the case cracks, I'd much rather that than the phone.

My worst drop experience was the OG Droid. I had dropped that sucker on the street with only a few scratches made aside from the back cover falling off and battery flying out from a standing position (I'm 6'2"). Then, I was reading an article in the bathroom, dropped it a couple feet, it landed on the corner on the air vent and cracked clear across the screen.

Still, I play fast and loose with whether or not I use a case.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am going to stick with my beats headset a friend got me while stationed in Korea. Daughter sat on it and cracked it but it still sounds good. With music and phone calls.

69f454313dbdd642ffe3a7becacd6449.jpg

e298bc9cd7cfaec4c6f1a26341402673.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Since we're in accessories, anyone know anything about these headphones? I don't recall them being part of the unpacked event. Were they already a thing?

Gear Cirlce-
Samsung Gear Circle - Features

They are comparable to the LG Tones that I see some folks running around with. I have been considering these since they magnetically clasp together when not using them.