Tech Armor screen protector promotion

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Except that they're not Glass, they're PET (Polyethylene terephthalate). The real Glass ones are really nice and worth the price but unfortunately they don't make them for the Motorola Droid MAXX and probably won't make them for the Turbo either. :(

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The general wording "tempered glass" is used by pretty much all manufacturers of these types of protectors these days. Vzw promotes there's as such and it's PET. Love mine regardless, works great.

S5 tap'n

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Whoops, my mistake. Thought I read that as the tempered glass ones.

Still a great deal for a 3-pack of screen protectors. I used the same on my s4 until I got the tempered glass one from Tech Armor.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The general wording "tempered glass" is used by pretty much all manufacturers of these types of protectors these days. Vzw promotes there's as such and it's PET. Love mine regardless, works great.

S5 tap'n

Tempered Glass should never be used to describe PET in advertising as it's completely false advertising. Glass is generally understood as a Silicon based non-crystal amorphous material that is not a plastic. Anything that uses the word "Glass" in marketing and advertising should be a silicon based substance.

Unfortunately in science things can be manipulated for purposes of scientific classification and research. That said, (from Wikipedia);

So as it stands, from a scientific aspect, even PET (polyethylene terephthalate) can be described as "glass" but not "Tempered Glass" as is understood by the common populus. If I see an advertisement that says "Tempered Glass" and find it's a polymer, I will be very disappointed.