Galaxy Nexus Release Date of December 9 is Official!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Oh, and Shadez, you ARE awesome. Much prefer you and the gang here at DF to any other android site out there!

Sent using common sense.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Google Galaxy Nexus by Samsung is suppose to be a bid deal, because it was the first dual core 4G LTE device developed for Ice Cream Sandwich. So...where's the fanfare Verizon?

If it's launching on Friday, Verizon should do something to announce the launch. I'm just saying...this is a little pathetic.

captdroid

Reaction score
Bah I am getting tired of hearing about it and I am considering getting the phone! lol

If I can't get my hands on the Gnex Friday I may take a pass and wait then get it later maybe for discounted price :p

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
We receive our advertising info tomorrow. I don't approve of how they do this, I know vzs started getting inventory yesterday and today.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I appreciate the post, just two last things I would like to comment on.

It was a leak. Not an official public announcement from Verizon.

Take out "I really believe" so that it reads:
"...so I do my best to verify all info I post and don't use words like 'Officially or Confirmed' unless it is fact."

That, my fine sir, should be the way news articles are posted. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks Brian, I considered it official as many other sites did as it was officially posted on their internal website as releasing on the 9. Either way, Fri isn't here yet. Let's see what happens.

Now everyone's believing yet another rumor that it won't be released on the 9th. Again, we are trying to get as much info for you guys as soon as we get it.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
My apologies if my bolding of my last post was annoying. The only reason I bold it is to break up the monotony of all the other writing that is on the page. There's so much of the same font, print size, etc.....that I thought bolding it would help the flow of the thread for me. Wont do it again!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
My apologies if my bolding of my last post was annoying. The only reason I bold it is to break up the monotony of all the other writing that is on the page. There's so much of the same font, print size, etc.....that I thought bolding it would help the flow of the thread for me. Wont do it again!

No need to apologize..

jeff0r3

Reaction score
I just called my local VZW dealer. She said she hadn't been told anything about when the phone would be released. Surely two days out, she would know that they had a shipment come in of phones. Or, she would have known when the date was. And why hasn't Verizon said ANYTHING about this phone. There's still RAZR commercials on like its the hottest thing out! Nothing even on their website about it. I'm getting a lil disturbed over this whole situation....

//rant

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I just called my local VZW dealer. She said she hadn't been told anything about when the phone would be released. Surely two days out, she would know that they had a shipment come in of phones. Or, she would have known when the date was. And why hasn't Verizon said ANYTHING about this phone. There's still RAZR commercials on like its the hottest thing out! Nothing even on their website about it. I'm getting a lil disturbed over this whole situation....

//rant

Verizon employees are probably told not to talk about the release dates anyways.

I remember seeing Incredible commercials on the air when it was like 4 months old, the majority of people don't know when a new phone is just about to be released. They probably also want to sell as many RAZRs as possible before this phone launches.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB

//rant

Not all VZ Stores get them at the same time they have til the 8th to get them. Also it depends on the willingness for a VZ Associate looks into the upcoming phone list. Also thirdly this is a marketing technique to get people to just buy what the current inventory is. That way they can sell what they have minimizing loss in profit for people holding out for the next big phone.

Ahh, you ninja-ed me, lol funwheeldrive

Last edited:

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I dont know about that, we just got boxes marked samsung, with android logos on them. So it could be an attempt as miss information.

I know this and you are not hearing this from me. We are supposed to play stupid about future devices and not release any info at store about when, where, and how a phone gets released.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It even said in one of the leaked documents that Employees were supposed to brush it off... and say they hadn't heard anything. As far as an official announcement. Lets be realistic. Has VZW ever been really good at announcing a new device? For instance. I was signed up for the info for the Bionic when it released. I didn't receive the announcement email until after I activated my Bionic! Lol... In all honesty. Why would they announce it? From a economic stand point, they have phones in stock they need to sale. Well if they make a big announcement that this awesome new phone with the latest Android was coming.... most would wait for the "latest" phone even if they don't know the difference. Verizon is a big corporation for a reason. They're trying to make money. Not sit on stockpiles of inventory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
I dont know about that, we just got boxes marked samsung, with android logos on them. So it could be an attempt as miss information.

I know this and you are not hearing this from me. We are supposed to play stupid about future devices and not release any info at store about when, where, and how a phone gets released.
My savior <3

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
It even said in one of the leaked documents that Employees were supposed to brush it off... and say they hadn't heard anything. As far as an official announcement. Lets be realistic. Has VZW ever been really good at announcing a new device? For instance. I was signed up for the info for the Bionic when it released. I didn't receive the announcement email until after I activated my Bionic! Lol... In all honesty. Why would they announce it? From a economic stand point, they have phones in stock they need to sale. Well if they make a big announcement that this awesome new phone with the latest Android was coming.... most would wait for the "latest" phone even if they don't know the difference. Verizon is a big corporation for a reason. They're trying to make money. Not sit on stockpiles of inventory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Same here with the razr, I signed up just to see if the announcement system was going to do its job, but it just let everyone know the day of the release in the afternoon some time. VZ Failed on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.