Galaxy Nexus Hits Best Buy December 11th?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
galaxy-nexus-dec11.png

We have all been busy playing pin the date on the Galaxy Nexus, but confirmations appear more concrete everyday. The above screenshot leaks today from Best Buy's point of sales system showing the "In Stock Date" of an unknown Verizon handset to be December 11th 2011. This is around the same December 8th - December 11th date that has been mentioned by the best and most trusted Android Blogs around the web. A similar screen shot made it's rounds a few days ago, however this one now displays "Verizon Hardware / Verizon Handsets with the same SKU as the one posted earlier this week. So could it be, just 8 more days??

Continue the on going Galaxy Nexus release thread debate here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...us-best-buy-system-right-well-i-can-help.html

Thanks for the tip, Arkbird!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I think it'll be available at Verizon before Best Buy, so since this is going to be available at BB on the 11th, the 8th is looking good as far as availability at Verizon stores.

Ytram

Reaction score
I don't get it, why do they keep blocking out the UPC?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I think it'll be available at Verizon before Best Buy, so since this is going to be available at BB on the 11th, the 8th is looking good as far as availability at Verizon stores.

Man do I hope you are right. This would make me very happy :big smile:

ABQNM

Reaction score
I think this is going to get interesting. I wonder what the stores will be like... I actually anticipate lines at the stores for the first time ever for an Android.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Cool because I just lost my phone at a track meet last night. Maybe I can pull the "mommy buy me this" scheme.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I know the eye's aren't what they used to be, but tell me where this picture indicates a "Nexus" device on it?

doublea500

Reaction score
The sch1515 or something like that is the model # of the gnexus

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like how Ark "signed" the picture

I figured you guys would get a kick out of that. I just wanted to let you all know that the picture really was from me and that I really do work at best buy. I mean I hope this phone comes out before the 11th but that's what our system says.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I think this is going to get interesting. I wonder what the stores will be like... I actually anticipate lines at the stores for the first time ever for an Android.

Nope, most people don't even know this phone exists....only the SMALL number of people on this and other cell related forums know or care about it's launch.

You're not going to see the hype that preceded the OG Droid and maybe the Razor.

There are just too many new phones coming out too quickly for Verizon to properly market each one. Once the phone is out and people recognize it's features only then will the demand soar.

Ron W.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I second the question of 'why block out the UPC'? Supplier number I kinda understand but the UPC shouldn't be a secret should it?

Also, why do tipsters always do a screenshot that is easy to manipulate vs. a quick 2 or 3 second video that would be far more believable?

No offense Arkbird. Just seems that with the level of scrutiny that we approach tips like this with, anything extra that could be done to up the believability without getting yourself in trouble would be helpful.

That said, thanks for the tip. :)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand. I just didn't think you guys would want a video of a page in our system. Also a video is harder to do in terms of privacy and not getting caught with my phone out. As for the upc code... Idk it was blocked in the first one so I just blocked it again.

But I can do a short video tomorrow, that's the next time I work.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Dude forget about a video you've already gone above and beyond, don't risk your job and/or phone policy changes ect, it's close enough, just let em wait it out, it won't kill any of them ;)

I understand. I just didn't think you guys would want a video of a page in our system. Also a video is harder to do in terms of privacy and not getting caught with my phone out. As for the upc code... Idk it was blocked in the first one so I just blocked it again.

But I can do a short video tomorrow, that's the next time I work.