[Rumor] Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming to Best Buy December 11th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
12-1-2011verizonnexusbestbuy.jpg

The above screenshot of an internal Best Buy database, seems to indicate that the retailer will not be getting the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus in-stock until December 11th. This seems to fly in the face of the many rumors suggesting a December 8th or 9th launch; however, it is possible that Verizon worked out a deal to launch from their home stores a few days earlier than thrid party retailers.

However, it's also possible that this pic is a fake. The Engadget article that posted this pic points out that the specs on this SCH-i515, are a bit different than the original specs as listed on the Google spec pages; 9.34mm versus 9.47mm and 140g instead of 150g. Still, they weren't ready to call it out just yet. As is usual, we will just have to wait and see for now...

Source: Engadget

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I welcome everyone to our new home till Dec 11 , when a new release date will be announced , till then have fun in this thread .

Last edited:

Synack

Reaction score
I just hope I like it better than the 4S that I'm holding. And I hope it comes to Verizon first because I'm currently taking advantage of the holidays return policy with the iPhone. If the GNexus kills it then I'll be getting it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got my fingers crossed for an earlier release on Verizon

chikimonke

Reaction score
I just hope I like it better than the 4S that I'm holding. And I hope it comes to Verizon first because I'm currently taking advantage of the holidays return policy with the iPhone. If the GNexus kills it then I'll be getting it.

Just an FYI, I went in to a Verizon store and asked about the new return policy for the holidays. It only applies to unused/non-activated phones. If you activate the phone, it's still the normal 14 day return policy with the restocking fee. The holiday return policy is there for phones that are given as gifts basically. Hope you're still within your 14 days.

Detonation

Reaction score
In stock date (screenshot) does not necessarily mean street date. From the source article:

The image above, supposedly taken from a Best Buy inventory system, lists the SCH-i515 as hitting the stock room on December 11th of 2011. What it doesn't list, however, is a street date. The phones could go on sale that day, or the next or a week later -- it's really all just guesswork

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I went in to a Verizon store and asked about the new return policy for the holidays. It only applies to unused/non-activated phones. If you activate the phone, it's still the normal 14 day return policy with the restocking fee. The holiday return policy is there for phones that are given as gifts basically. Hope you're still within your 14 days.

I dont think this is correct. I asked the manager of the store when i was buying my rezound and he told me i would be able to return it until the january 15th. used or not.
EDIT
VVV
I just called again and confirmed that at least at the store i purchased mine at, I can return my USED Rezound until the 15th of January for only the restocking fee and go to any phone i like.

Last edited: