G2 or wait and get S5

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
i would wait and see if the S5 "prime" or "F series" rumors come to fruition. It seems to be quite the step up from the standard S5 (and the G2), if the leaked benchmarks are any indication. There will also be other devices released in the upcoming months, so I would just wait and see what else is announced.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I would say neither .

lg suck when it come to android support and Sony is similar either delay update or no update. I say go with Samsung .

But, if you don't care about hipster devices and like stockish Ui. Then go with Motorola. Since the original droid RAZR they update frequently on their android devices and don't break their promises.

Since 2011- early 2012 flagship devices. Android 2.3.x to 4.1.2 is

Droid bionic
Droid 4
Droid razr
Droid maxx.

Original atrix from 2.2 os to 4.0 os
If you find the ICS leak.

By late April 2014
Android 4.0.4 os -4.4.x
Droid RAZR HD/Max hd
Droid m
Atrix HD
RAZR I

2012 Motorola flagship devices will be update with the exception of photon q.

Motorola suck with supporting their devices in 2011.

On this:

With devices like droid 3 didn't get no update came with gingerbread only.

With blur update and security one.
Droid x2 that was really an atrix without an front camera.
Came with 2.2 os and went to 2.3 os didn't update it should of had 2.3 os to start.
Atrix 2 came with 2.3 os stop getting support after 4.0.4 should of being updated to jelly bean at least.

But , If you want to be technical lg and Samsung are worst they have over 20 devices per year of different name and soc,GPU and CPU seem to update them once or Nada.

Lg is confused first g2 was their flagship. Now lg g2 flex and next their lg g pro 2.

Samsung with their galaxy s4 have different hardware in Europe and USA .

5 version of galaxy s iv:

http://m.cnet.com/news/the-five-different-galaxy-s4s-which-ones-for-you/57588926?ds=1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

biggles

Reaction score
I say go for the G2. Read the pro and user reviews, they are very positive. It's a great product.

Also, I've owned several Samsung phones and can give more evidence of their crappy products. Droid Charge was terrible, lots of problems. Example, I put a lock screen on it and it got stuck in landscape mode. This chopped off the numbers I needed to unlock the phone, idiots! Galaxy S3 was better but still had issues. For instance, it took them months to get the usb driver working, making it very difficult to transfer picture and music files to and from PC to phone. By the way, I have heard the S4 sd cards stopped working with the latest Android update.

Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 3 Android 4.4 Problem hits Micro SD Card

My take on Samsung is that they are more focused on marketing and gimmicky features and less focused on QA. They remind me of HP computers in that regard.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I say go for the G2. Read the pro and user reviews, they are very positive. It's a great product.

Also, I've owned several Samsung phones and can give more evidence of their crappy products. Droid Charge was terrible, lots of problems. Example, I put a lock screen on it and it got stuck in landscape mode. This chopped off the numbers I needed to unlock the phone, idiots! Galaxy S3 was better but still had issues. For instance, it took them months to get the usb driver working, making it very difficult to transfer picture and music files to and from PC to phone. By the way, I have heard the S4 sd cards stopped working with the latest Android update.

My take on Samsung is that they are more focused on marketing and gimmicky features and less focused on QA. They remind me of HP computers in that regard.

I say that a Samsung issue. Galaxy s 4 if you root doesn't have that issue and look lg optimus g yet to get update after 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 which took lg 8 month update and no update since and same for g pro with no update 4.1.2 os preinstalled.

And, for what unless his plan is to not root and is the only way he can see upgrade.

Lg is the worst manufacture in update And g2 is fallen on the fate of it first brother in flagship update.

Make high end devices for no or little support.

Sony behind them with this observation.

Htc might not suck with update but their update bring bugs to no end. Deserved to be in third in this list.

Look at HTC one update on 4.3 os and 4.4 os mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk