Fair trade/price for G2

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I was offered a G2 in exchange for my 16gb iPhone 5 plus $75. Both phones are in new condition. It sounds like a good deal to me. I'm just wondering what someone that has the G2 thinks. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jamjr74

Reaction score
Think your getting the better end of the deal. Pretty fair swap though. I'd say the iPhone would sell for anywhere from $375-$425 depending on accessories. The G2 would go for over $500.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
C

cwbcpa

Reaction score
Think your getting the better end of the deal. Pretty fair swap though. I'd say the iPhone would sell for anywhere from $375-$425 depending on accessories. The G2 would go for over $500.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I have a couple cases I can throw in. He originally wanted $100. He agreed to take $75.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Plus the iPhone value is dropping due to the 5s being released.

Astrix

Reaction score
Take G2, why? imo
- Great battery life
- Good camera
- OTG capable (On The Go)
- Apps back up IOS jailbreak with data deposit from Cydia, Android just use Helium without root.
- amd many more

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Even if you hate the G2 you could prolly flip it for close to $500. The iPhone 5 is getting around $400 or so. So you would break even and be able to buy what you want with the cash.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Thank you for the replies. If all goes as planned I will make the trade today or tomorrow.

Good deal. Come back and let us know if it is a keeper. I am sure you will be very impressed with it.

OP
C

cwbcpa

Reaction score
Looks like it will be tomorrow. Hopefully he doesn't back out of the deal.

Since you have been so helpful I would like to ask one other question. I had the galaxy S4 and was wondering how the G2 compares to that experience. Have any of you had that phone too? I am not a fan of touch wiz. I used Nova and ultimately ended up rooting the phone.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Looks like it will be tomorrow. Hopefully he doesn't back out of the deal.

Since you have been so helpful I would like to ask one other question. I had the galaxy S4 and was wondering how the G2 compares to that experience. Have any of you had that phone too? I am not a fan of touch wiz. I used Nova and ultimately ended up rooting the phone.

A friend of my has the S4 and it is no comparison. I have always been a big critic of Touchwiz. I think it is cluttered and obnoxious. And I just don't like Samsung phones. Their data reception pales in comparison to others. And yes to the G2 as well. Also not that it makes much of a difference I ran Quadrant on both phones. My G2 got almost a 20k while her S4 barely pulled 12k. I also like the screen on the G2 much better. It is brighter and more color accurate. And is more visible in sunlight.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I agree I don't care for touchwiz but love Sammy phones. My s4 is a great device. I use Nova launcher so touch wiz is a non issue for me. Reception is great for me. Of course the g2 is faster as it is a newer device with newer specs. Both great phones.

Galaxy S4!!!

OP
C

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I agree I don't care for touchwiz but love Sammy phones. My s4 is a great device. I use Nova launcher so touch wiz is a non issue for me. Reception is great for me. Of course the g2 is faster as it is a newer device with newer specs. Both great phones.

Galaxy S4!!!

I liked my S4 except for touch wiz but I fixed that with Nova. Otherwise it was a good phone. I am looking at the G2 because of the extra power and the screen looks awesome. The S4 was tough to view outside.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It isn't so much Touchwiz I hate as it is more their cluttered menus. Is there really a need to have all of these different menu tabs to get to different options?? Put them in one place instead of spreading them out making them harder to find. True the G2 has multiple tabs, but they are simple to navigate. One for network one for sound one for display and one for everything else.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I liked my S4 except for touch wiz but I fixed that with Nova. Otherwise it was a good phone. I am looking at the G2 because of the extra power and the screen looks awesome. The S4 was tough to view outside.

You will be pretty impressed with how easy the display is to see in the daylight. Best one I have owned for daytime viewing. And I have had a few. And though it isn't true oleophibic, it is pretty resistant to fingerprints and body oils too. And very easy to clean.