froyo update right around corner

Sweettooth

Reaction score
What's funny is the Verizon tech support guy probably knows just as little as we do; hell, he's probably a member of the forums and is just passing on a hopeful rumor he read here. We'll see I suppose. :)

Taegost

Reaction score
That issue has been around for sometime now. It will show you at 5% when you are really fully charged.

Yes I have glad the same problem twice. Glad to hear it wasn't just me.

I have found that some kernels will make the phone "appear" discharged when in fact the phone has a full charge. I am running (currently, subject to change) Blackdroid's Froyo eXtreme (RC2) and I have tried putting on faster Kernels (1.25 GHz by ChevyNo1), but any new kernel introduced causes my phone to go batty (i.e. constant reboots, FCs upon boot, staying in stock "M" boot loop). This is not meant to endorse BlackDroid's version of Froyo, but rather just to state facts I have seen with this Froyo Kernel.

FWIW, I have also tried other flavors of Froyo (Pun intended) and found Froyo to work well. The voice Dialing via BT is not the best (and is actually one of the worst, but it's a step in the right direction). I have tried "calling mom" only to have the phone say "Calling John LastName" or other such snafus.

Cheers,
B.D.

Ever since I got my extended battery, the OS doesn't quite report the charge correctly, it usually takes a reset in the middle of the day for it to continue to show right (If I don't reset it, it'll show about 30-40% charge at the end of the day, if I do reset it, it'll show 70%, which is correct).
As far as bugs, I've seen a few in the FroYo RC2 build, mostly having to do with downloading files and the market, but they aren't show-stoppers, and the nice upgrades in 2.2 make it more then worthwhile for the upgrade.
For me the BT dialing is an epic fail, like BD said here, it repeats back a name that is completely wrong, and doesn't give me a chance to say "No" or "Quit", it pauses for about 2 seconds and then dials whatever number came up.
I've talked to others, however, that it works perfectly fine for.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hookbill - from your experience with the leaked version of froyo, is there any truth to the rumors I'm hearing that it is so buggy you'd be better off staying with 2.1? Also, does it really have hands-free voice dialing from Bluetooth enabled?
I'd say it's false also. Been running it since it came out and it is VERY dependent on the version you use and your phone. It took some time, but I found what works for me and have been bug free for a bit now.

gamemaster333

Reaction score
If you visit DroidX verizon website and hover over the Motorola Droid, one of the hexagons says "Flash 10.1 Late Summer". And since Flash 10.1 on Motorola phones only works on Froyo, then it must mean one thing. Froyo update for Moto Droid coming around the same time as the update for the Droid X. /detective skills :D

Skull One

Reaction score
Well since Summer officially started like 3 days ago, that can mean 87 days from now. Which is where I have been pegging it. 2 months after the first Droid that hits with 2.2 for sale.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you visit DroidX verizon website and hover over the Motorola Droid, one of the hexagons says "Flash 10.1 Late Summer". And since Flash 10.1 on Motorola phones only works on Froyo, then it must mean one thing. Froyo update for Moto Droid coming around the same time as the update for the Droid X. /detective skills :D

Flash 10.1 has already been released in beta form. Those of us running 2.2 have it installed already.

When 2.2 becomes available for the Droid you will have to download and install it. Will it be in the Market? I don't know, I would think so. Right now you have to go to Adobe's site on your Droid or other mirrors to get it.

gamemaster333

Reaction score

Flash 10.1 has already been released in beta form. Those of us running 2.2 have it installed already.

When 2.2 becomes available for the Droid you will have to download and install it. Will it be in the Market? I don't know, I would think so. Right now you have to go to Adobe's site on your Droid or other mirrors to get it.

I was speaking about the official 2.2 OTA. I realize that people already have 2.2 via the leaked Froyo ROMs and that Cyanogen is working on CM 6 (Froyo Source) as we speak. Is there is a way to get flash beta on Android 2.1 that I don't know about? Also, I thought every version of Flash on Android was a beta and not the final version. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

The link at Adobe's site launches the market app, which then proceeds to give an "object not found" error - you need to download the apk from the other sources in order to get it. Methinks it's because of certain parts of build.prop that identify it as a test release and not an official.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there is a way to get flash beta on Android 2.1 that I don't know about?

No, Flash requires 2.2

More specifically, it requires an API that has been added to 2.2 dealing with browser plugins. Even if someone DOES manage to hack the APK and make it installable on 2.1; the browser still won't know it's there and thus it will be unusable.

Funny thing is, the folks over at xda have come up with a way to install it on 2.1; but it REQUIRES SenseUI - it uses the same method the Flash Lite that ships with SenseUI uses to work.

jeffster25

Reaction score
i just got an email from adobe saying that 10.1 is here and ready for me to install if i have 2.2 on my phone. I'd rather wait for the official release of 2.2 as opposed to downloading someones custom job. I don't want to mess anything up. Guess i'll have to wait for a month or so.