From Motorola ICS

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Eh im in no hurry for an update. I love my bionic wouldn't want it to radically change when it is just fine...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jspencer67

Reaction score
Actually, that article just means that Moto would reveal their plans on which devices would receive ICS 4-6 months post google push. NOT that they would start rolling it out in 4-6 months post google push. Smh...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ummmmm.....no?

thats not what that article said at all and it is very apparent you did not bother to click it and read what it said.

seeing as you couldn't be bothered to read it I will just quote you a small part

" The entire process takes about four steps and it could be 4 to 6 months before your phone is running Ice Cream Sandwich. The first step involves taking the source code and sending it to devices via updates to devices where they can work well"

sometimes you actually have to read something before commenting instead of just making a posting based on a title....which is obviously what you did

DROID11

Reaction score
Thank you motorola for solidifying my decision to never get another motorola phone. Bionic is junk. I want my thunderbolt back

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I would never hate a company more than I did Samsung. Moto just took it. Never ever buying a Moto again. Htc forever.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It's because of statements like this, that Moto and Verizon pretty much refuse to give timelines on anything anymore. Nobody lied to you, there has never been a statement from moto or verizon saying anything but "The bionic will get ICS" There has NEVER been a timeline or estimated date of release.

Actually, I believe they said devices would be gettin ICS 6 weeks after google released it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Stories

Reaction score
Moto sucks. Unlock our bootloaders so dhacker and Hashcode can make a proper kernel for ICS.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Malvado said:
Actually, I believe they said devices would be gettin ICS 6 weeks after google released it.

Actually it was the announcement of said devices that would be getting it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto sucks. Unlock our bootloaders so dhacker and Hashcode can make a proper kernel for ICS.
Ill bet my brand new 3D HDTV that Dhacker will make his ICS rom stable/no bugs and out perform motos ICS by the time moto finishes it an sends it out

Darksthour

Reaction score
I feel that if everyone was so worried about getting ics you would have just gotten or switched to the nexus. I am that's for sure. Don't get me wrong I love my droid 3 but I want another unlocked bootloader and pure google experience I got with my og Droid. That to me is worth the switch. Moto makes great phones but I would say you have to know what your getting into. Take the bionic for example. If they take months after announcing a phone to actually release it what makes you think they aren't going to do the same with updates. At least they gave a timetable unlike the bionics release.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The bootloader does not block development. Some people are unwilling to develop for this phone. It does make recovery and kernels harder, but stock based roms shouldn't be an issue. I am personally going back to htc because there is developer loyalty involved in those devices.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I feel that if everyone was so worried about getting ics you would have just gotten or switched to the nexus. I am that's for sure. Don't get me wrong I love my droid 3 but I want another unlocked bootloader and pure google experience I got with my og Droid. That to me is worth the switch. Moto makes great phones but I would say you have to know what your getting into. Take the bionic for example. If they take months after announcing a phone to actually release it what makes you think they aren't going to do the same with updates. At least they gave a timetable unlike the bionics release.

Come on over! I agree, Moto makes some tough phones but I am more than impressed with the build of the Nexus.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its Rezound, Gnex or AT&T for me.

welsalex

Reaction score
Ill just wait for ICS. Whatever. Bionic with 902 works pretty well anyways. So I'm guessing ICS June or later. Thats my two cents. I don't have the cash to switch phones as it stands.

Reaction score
One nice thing out of this thread... I was trying to make a decision on a tablet purchase in the near future and was leaning strongly leaning towards the Xyboard or Asus Prime thinking my phone and tablet OS would be the same, which would be kind of cool.

Given this update, think I may now wait for the much anticipated iPad 3 and give it a ride. Have not had an Apple product for some time and not sure I'll want to mod my tablet like I do my phone (still think I enjoy Android phones). Besides, it might me refreshing to try out a product who's company has a more strategic direction on updates :D

Not to hate on apple too much but why would you think the ipad 3 is going to be anything good? Just like every other apple release its just going to be a slightly improved version of the last. Just because there is a lot of hype for something doesn't mean is going to be worth anything. Just like the release of the iPhone 4s, everyone thought it was going to be something amazing and it turned out to be the same old phone. Same with their OS. It updates constantly giving the illusion of great support but it has only gone through 4 minor changes throughout its history.

nateohio

Reaction score
Well actually they DID give an official timeline.....but thanx for trying to take their side....maybe if you do it enough they will let you be a soak tester in November/December for ICS

Motorola details plans to update its phones to Ice Cream Sandwich in 4 to 6 months

4 to 6 months from when Google released the source code which was November 14 2011

that is why it was widely assumed that it would be 1st quarter of 2012

now we will be luck to see ANY quarter of 2012

Too bad a link to a blog, especially any blog but Moto or Verizon's, isn't an official statement. You know why you couldn't find an official statement by Motorola or Verizon during your google search? Because there wasn't one.

Try again.

Also, I don't know how many of you were around for the Droid X upgrade to Gingerbread last March, but that upgrade created all kinds of bugs. People were experiencing call issues, GPS Problems, and a myriad of other issues.

I would gladly wait until the end of this year, if that meant it would come out with minimal bugs. Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that this isn't a simple OS upgrade. Google pretty rewrote the entire OS for ICS and therefore it's going to take a little longer for the upgrades to hit.