From Motorola ICS

Derekweb

Reaction score
so why do I care about ICS if I am not running on a pad? Seems most features are targeted at a pad, and the android pads are not burning up the market place.

Scribble

Reaction score
Too bad a link to a blog, especially any blog but Moto or Verizon's, isn't an official statement. You know why you couldn't find an official statement by Motorola or Verizon during your google search? Because there wasn't one.

The original quote actually came from the Motorola Twitter account. The indicated our phone and a few others would be recieving ICS. They then continued to say they would announce others within 6 weeks of the public release of ICS. If you read it quickly you would read it as all of the mentioned phones would get ICS within 6 weeks of the release, which isn't what i said, but what many people started reporting it said.

The bad part on Moto's end is that they never corrected anyone after the fact even though it was becoming widely believed that we would see ICS within 6 months. That's kind of poor customer service.

Moto-ICS-tweet-540x223.png

motorola-tweet-2-540x218.jpg

nateohio

Reaction score
The original quote actually came from the Motorola Twitter account. The indicated our phone and a few others would be recieving ICS. They then continued to say they would announce others within 6 weeks of the public release of ICS. If you read it quickly you would read it as all of the mentioned phones would get ICS within 6 weeks of the release, which isn't what i said, but what many people started reporting it said.

The bad part on Moto's end is that they never corrected anyone after the fact even though it was becoming widely believed that we would see ICS within 6 months. That's kind of poor customer service.

View attachment 47470

View attachment 47469

So it's Moto's fault that people jumped to conclusions??? Sorry, don't buy that one. The information is out there, all you gotta do is look for it.

If you don't have the patience or reading comprehension to figure it out, that's not Moto's or Verizon's fault.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Guys I know this is a hot topic but please let's make sure we keep it a respectful discussion in here. Would hate to have to close it down.

idk5

Reaction score
So you guys are telling me that i am likely to get LTE over here in Driggs ID before i get ICS?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Scribble

Reaction score
So it's Moto's fault that people jumped to conclusions??? Sorry, don't buy that one. The information is out there, all you gotta do is look for it.

If you don't have the patience or reading comprehension to figure it out, that's not Moto's or Verizon's fault.

No- but it's probably in their own best interest to squelch rumors that will come back and bite them in the ass. ;)

The fact that they didn't clarify after the original announcement was misunderstood is bad business practice.

nateohio

Reaction score
No- but it's probably in their own best interest to squelch rumors that will come back and bite them in the ass. ;)

The fact that they didn't clarify after the original announcement was misunderstood is bad business practice.

Although I see your point and agree with you. Looking at the Android and Tech community, they'd have to hire an entire dept of personnel just to squelch all the rumors out there.

My opinion is, if people actually took the time time to read the tweets and releases, there is little to no doubt about the actual information being provided. The problem lies in the internet bloggers spreading untruths and speculating. Which is fine, as long as it's taken with a grain of salt, as speculation and nothing more.

sfcascooter

Reaction score
So you guys are telling me that i am likely to get LTE over here in Driggs ID before i get ICS?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Long live Driggs!! (I grew up in JH -- fond memories of your side of the Tetons going to Targhee and Treasure Mountain).:icon_ lala:

Scribble

Reaction score
Although I see your point and agree with you. Looking at the Android and Tech community, they'd have to hire an entire dept of personnel just to squelch all the rumors out there.

My opinion is, if people actually took the time time to read the tweets and releases, there is little to no doubt about the actual information being provided. The problem lies in the internet bloggers spreading untruths and speculating. Which is fine, as long as it's taken with a grain of salt, as speculation and nothing more.

I agree with you for the most part. My issue is really that since even the more reliable tech bloggers were repeating the rumor they should have done more to correct it. That they didn't kind of makes it seem like they were instead using people's false hope that ICS was coming relatively soon to combat criticism in other areas. Kind of feels like a dirty trick.