From Motorola ICS

welsalex

Reaction score
All I can say is Wow. What a disappointment. Evaluation and Planning? What the @#$%. March is a pipe dream. Thanks moto and vzw for all the marketing lies. Google, please clean up this mess!!!

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My mistake. Thanks for the clarification. Can't say I'm surprised though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The real question is which calendar are they going by, fiscal or annual?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Where did you guys see that it's not being released until Q3? The only thing I seen is that it is in evaluation and development phase. It still could be out in the next few months I think.

Yea next few months meaning late summer.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea next few months meaning late summer.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

True, July is the beginning of Q3.

I'm, reminded of when I was living in El Centro, CA and someone moved to there from Detroit because he was told that El Centro was "minutes away" from the Pacific Ocean. Yes it is, about 120 minutes away.

jhom

Reaction score
Disappointing, but to tell you the truth, I'm not really in a hurry to get ICS. My Bionic works great with GB 2.3.4. If it continues to do so, I can patiently wait for ICS.

jspencer67

Reaction score
The reason people are saying Q3 is because any phone that is in Stage 2 right now (Development) is not rolling out till Q3

The Bionic is not even IN Stage 2 yet.....still Stage 1 (EV & Plan)

So I am pretty sure none of us will see ICS on the Bionic till 2013!!!

This is total BS and now I feel like we got sold a bill of goods with this phone.....there is simply no excuse why it will take more than a year after the Nexus came out WITH ICS for it to start being sent to their "flagship" phones.

Motorola is too busy with their Tablets to give a shyte about us cell phone users

I would bet most of us will just end up upgrading our phones to something new that already has ICS (quad cores) and never actually see ICS on our Bionics.

I am getting to the point of just waving the white flag and going to the "dark side" because at least then I wont get lied to all the time like you do in the Android World

REALLY POed at this

nateohio

Reaction score
The reason people are saying Q3 is because any phone that is in Stage 2 right now (Development) is not rolling out till Q3

The Bionic is not even IN Stage 2 yet.....still Stage 1 (EV & Plan)

So I am pretty sure none of us will see ICS on the Bionic till 2013!!!

This is total BS and now I feel like we got sold a bill of goods with this phone.....there is simply no excuse why it will take more than a year after the Nexus came out WITH ICS for it to start being sent to their "flagship" phones.

Motorola is too busy with their Tablets to give a shyte about us cell phone users

I would bet most of us will just end up upgrading our phones to something new that already has ICS (quad cores) and never actually see ICS on our Bionics.

I am getting to the point of just waving the white flag and going to the "dark side" because at least then I wont get lied to all the time like you do in the Android World

REALLY POed at this

It's because of statements like this, that Moto and Verizon pretty much refuse to give timelines on anything anymore. Nobody lied to you, there has never been a statement from moto or verizon saying anything but "The bionic will get ICS" There has NEVER been a timeline or estimated date of release.

eddie7

Reaction score
With phones having very short lifespans this is unacceptable. Last moto phone for me.
This is totally wack. Why would they build a phone with the specs required for ICS then wait a year to upgrade it ??? I wasn't going to root my Razr until I saw this news. Thx moto. :mad:

jspencer67

Reaction score
It's because of statements like this, that Moto and Verizon pretty much refuse to give timelines on anything anymore. Nobody lied to you, there has never been a statement from moto or verizon saying anything but "The bionic will get ICS" There has NEVER been a timeline or estimated date of release.

Well actually they DID give an official timeline.....but thanx for trying to take their side....maybe if you do it enough they will let you be a soak tester in November/December for ICS

Motorola details plans to update its phones to Ice Cream Sandwich in 4 to 6 months

4 to 6 months from when Google released the source code which was November 14 2011

that is why it was widely assumed that it would be 1st quarter of 2012

now we will be luck to see ANY quarter of 2012

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Disappointing, but to tell you the truth, I'm not really in a hurry to get ICS. My Bionic works great with GB 2.3.4. If it continues to do so, I can patiently wait for ICS.

jhom, I'm with you!!! With .902, I feel my Bionic is where I needs it to be! Not even sure I want to be on the bleeding edge anymore. Besides, there are certainly enough other things in the world to be mad about than to become obsessive compulsive about my freaking phone. I think I can keep myself amused by trying to make my phone do fun things it is capable of doing now as opposed to worrying about whether it will run the next version of OS that we'll spend another half year trying to stabilize. Just say'n.

cbrmike

Reaction score
jhom, I'm with you!!! With .902, I feel my Bionic is where I needs it to be! Not even sure I want to be on the bleeding edge anymore. Besides, there are certainly enough other things in the world to be mad about than to become obsessive compulsive about my freaking phone. I think I can keep myself amused by trying to make my phone do fun things it is capable of doing now as opposed to worrying about whether it will run the next version of OS that we'll spend another half year trying to stabilize. Just say'n.

Well said, .902 is good for me also and now I have it rooted and can play around with some roms as I learn.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Yep, I am happy at the current moment with how my Bionic is performing with .902 and have it set-up the way I like it with Go Launcher running a hybrid ICS theme that looks cool and is functional. Unless there is something that I haven't heard about in ICS that I just NEED over GB, I will probably have moved on to a newer Moto with ICS by that time Bionic gets ICS anyway.

Am I happy with how Moto has handled timelines and roll-outs? No.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
One nice thing out of this thread... I was trying to make a decision on a tablet purchase in the near future and was leaning strongly leaning towards the Xyboard or Asus Prime thinking my phone and tablet OS would be the same, which would be kind of cool.

Given this update, think I may now wait for the much anticipated iPad 3 and give it a ride. Have not had an Apple product for some time and not sure I'll want to mod my tablet like I do my phone (still think I enjoy Android phones). Besides, it might me refreshing to try out a product who's company has a more strategic direction on updates :D