from droid 1 to droid 2

droidftw1

Reaction score
Well today i called verizon for the 4th in last week trying to get a droid 2 for replacement from droid 1. I finally got a nice persona and they are sending it out on monday. On my droid i was hacked but stock and overclocked. The only reason i was rooted was to overclock becuase of the slow speed on the device. Since this was my only problem is there even a reason to hack my d2 when i get it. Thanks for your opinions.

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm rooted and running a custom rom (Liberty 1.5) along with a theme (Cyan Galaxy). Rooting is nice even on the D2 because of the plethora of options. Some of the things I do with my D2 rooted:

-Custom roms
-Themes
-TBH's 3G Mobile Hotspot Hack
-LCD Density Changer
-ShootMe (screenshot app)

and more I can't think of atm haha

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
one more question, will my dock for d1 work with my d2?

edwards2243

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it works dor the droid2...I just picked one up on meritline this week for 15 bones. They said it would work for either D1 or D2..

If u have rooted before, it won't be long til u root again. Liberty 1.5 takes the droid2 to another level :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
i think ill consider rooting but since im only 14 i dont have a job and dont get money i wont be able to buy bootstrap. Doing chores pays for my phone and soon to be tablet (the xoom yay!). Is there a way to get bootstrap for free or is it only from the market. Thanks for answers.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The developer offers bootstrapper for free from his website. This is one of the few occasions where we discuss paid apps for free though. Just keep that in mind.

tappin and a talkin

tb110895

Reaction score
i think ill consider rooting but since im only 14 i dont have a job and dont get money i wont be able to buy bootstrap. Doing chores pays for my phone and soon to be tablet (the xoom yay!). Is there a way to get bootstrap for free or is it only from the market. Thanks for answers.

A little google searching might get it to you but I think you should support the devs that worked on it.
As for the dock, yes, it will work
Edit- I didn't know you could get it from his website for free

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
The developer offers bootstrapper for free from his website

tappin and a talkin

thankyou very much
edit: i went to koush wesbite to download the bootstrap but when i click the link it is dead. Any help?

Last edited:

lizard

Reaction score
If you have spare batteries they will work too I believe. Somebody kick me if I'm wrong.

OP
D

droidftw1

Reaction score
well i called verizon again hoping to get a dumb rep who would give me a battery and battery cover. The person didnt even know the batteries were compatible so i am getting a battery and cover and get to keep my old battery. This day is just getting better and better.