Droid 2 battery the same as D1?

Hockey

Reaction score
As I stated http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...roid-1-warranty-replacement-2.html#post787329 I am supposed to be getting a D2 as a replacement to my D1 that have been having continuous problems with as of late.

Is the battery on the D2 the same as the D1? For those who received their D2 as a replacement to the D1, what did your D2 package include? New battery? The original reason I went into Verizon was to get a new battery (but didn't have any in stock). Just hoping I don't have to use the same crappy battery in my D2 until a new one gets ordered

Thanks all

Polymira

Reaction score
They sent me a droid 2 in the retail box with everything... including battery and charger. However it is the exact same battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Dragoro

Reaction score
Wonder if Motorolla will get upset if i keep the battery from the d1 when I send it back. Or should i send the battery back too.

Polymira

Reaction score
Well, generally they request you keep the battery, sd, and cover when doing a replacement...

And the instructions I were given were just that, as I wasn't told I would be getting this instead. I say keep send just the phone back .. MAYBE the battery cover if you want to be nice.

Syraz

Reaction score
I am following instructions that came with the replacement, I like you got the Droid2 today instead of a reburbished droid that I was told I was getting. But I am doing what it says, if they say anything well I got the paper that says what I need to return, though a way to charge spare battery without putting it in phone would be ideal for the spare battery.