FRF84B to FRG01B

Omnipharious

Reaction score
Is there a way to switch from one build to the next without losing my current theme and kernel?
I've tried Sapphire1.0, and I've had some issues with it not being stable @1.2ghz, apps not loading and my current theme hasn't been ported to Sapphire1.0 yet.
So, via clockwork I've flashed back to Sapphire8.4 with a 1.2ghz kernel & Roderj13's Redline theme. I love this setup. Despite, the music player starting sometimes when I end a call while using my bluetooth earpiece. I have not has the same issues as Sapphire1.0.
However, I would like to know if there is a way for me to switch from FRF84B to FRG01B without losing my current theme and kernel?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "keep my kernel" - you can install whatever you're using for 0.8.4 on 1.0. If for some reason it acts up, then you'll need to try a different kernel (cvpcs has many of them).

Really no way to keep your theme - you could install the 0.8.4 theme on top of 1.0, but as a rule I don't recommend that.

Perhaps attempting a clean (wiping data/cache) install of 1.0 and trying some different kernels might give you better success with that build, but if the theme is important you might want to stick with 0.8.4 until roberj ports the theme (which I am a bit surprised hasn't happened).