What's so special about Sapphire?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow, i wasn't trying to battle, just making my point. Peace.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
cleaned........

This is a thread about Sapphire gentlemen. Comments that have nothing to do with the topic will be deleted and infractions levied to those intent on drudging up the same old negative non-sense that serves no purpose than to upset people.

So PLEASE lets not go down this path....

Thank you

wingdo

Reaction score
Anyway, this isn't intended as an insult to the Sapphire dev team, I have a feeling I am missing some of the features and would like to be enlightened. The QS score is the second highest I've ever gotten behind BB so I know this is a very solid rom, I think I just need to learn it a little better. Tell me, what advantages does it possess over BB besides being built from source (or just tell me what advantages it being built from source the dumb end user [me] will notice). Are there more (read: better) themes on the way? Future plans for the rom? Update frequency? This will be the first rom I've ever kept on my phone longer than an hour before switching back to BB because it's fast. Cyan, SS and others aren't even close.

Well I used BB for a bit, and I switched to Sapphire from UD. My favorite things about Sapphire?

It's stable. I've not had FCs or random reboots ever.

It's fast.

I am currently running P3's 1200MHz LV kernel (despite what my sig file says) and I get a FULL day's use w/o needing a charge. This is also the only ROM I can run at 1200 with any 1200 kernel, much less a LV one.

The devs are incredible helpful. Just visit the IRC channel.

The changelog / feature list ALWAYS gives credit to the source of any cool items, unlike some unnamed others.

It's stable.

Reaction score
What I like about Sapphire.

I love the support, the new themes and the fellow sapphire roamers around here that make this experience fun and easy for old and new comers.

I came from team chaos and I enjoyed all the great work they put together. But the one thing that set them apart was the personalized touch and support. I talked to Bgill55 more then anyone over there and he was one of the main people.

So what rom you go with is all from personal preference but I choose Sapphire because of all the assistance they have provided and support for us all.

jayman350

Reaction score
I've been jumping between Sapphire and Kangerade for a couple of weeks now. After the release of 0.8.4 I think I'll be sticking with Sapphire for my daily driver. I have had zero issues since flashing 0.8.4. My battery life has increased from previous ROMs, temp is a little lower, quadrant and linpack scores are great. For me, it all comes down to the fact that it will work (and work well) when you want it to.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i keep hearing about temps... maybe i missed the update, but i didn't think we could get an accurate read on temps in froyo?

captdroid

Reaction score
Sapphire 0.8.4 gave me the confidence and pushed me over the edge to finally root g/f phone. She is very happy with her Droid running Sapphire :)

arw01

Reaction score
as a noob, where does one find the faq for trying a different kernal? Sitting on BB.4 now and I have lots of 20-30 second waits for my home screen or application drawer screen to draw.

J

Johnly

Interesting how this thread has me DownLoading Saphire...thanks....I think it is worth a try after all:)