Battery runs out so quick :/ HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by armin369, Aug 3, 2010.

1. armin369

armin369 New Member

Ok so last Monday, I went from FRF84B to FRG01B. my phone is rooted obviously and I made no changes to any settings, except buying SETCPU which is supposed to help me with my battery life. Anyways, my battery life was better when I was on FRF84B and after I went to FRG01B it decreased by at least 30%. By 2 or 3, my battery percentage would be around 20-40% where as on my FRF it would be around 60% (this is almost the same amount of use as when I was on FRF)..

I am have been running Chevy ULV 1.25 kernel for a while now and that's what I've been on.

After having the FRG01B for 4 days and seeing how fast the battery is going down, I thought maybe if I change the kernel to P3's 1.0 ghz it would help.. But little I knew, it was still the same..

Anyone else is having this problem or may know how to fix it?

PS. I tried running both without a theme. I also installed FRG01B untouched (but rooted i guess? lol)
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

More then likely your battery "issue" is a result of you using your phone more when you changed TO FRG01B. But I'll never convince you about that.

Just have extra batteries, set Droid in a dock when not in use, and use a charger in the car. I saw no difference at all going from one Froyo to the next, I'm on my third one. There just isn't that much difference.
  3. dmartins

dmartins Member

Weird I just installed the new P3 kernels(CPU Temps working) a few days ago and I have been seeing way better battery life.
    On my low usage days I would have to charge it in 1d 20h more or less.
    I'm using the 600 SV Low = 125MHz.
    I run it at 550MHz Max and Min 125MHz with profiles set in SetCPU.
    I don't have any lagginess at all.
    It was at 40% when I took this screenshot.
    [​IMG]
    SetCPU Profiles:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. armin369

armin369 New Member

That's exactly what I've had to do for the past 3-4 days :(
    \
    But thanks for the info
  5. armin369

armin369 New Member

I wish I could set my CPU below 700.. It gets very laggy, especially when I get a phone call, the phone just vibrates and the slide screen wont show up until the last ring. but I'll try the settings you have and maybe it'll get better.

Also, when I was running FRF I didnt have SETCPU and it was just running on ULV1.25. It was amazing. I would go through the whole day almost without having to charge

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  6. naknak95

naknak95 New Member

I actually heard rooting your phone uses more power than it should, but here are some things you can try.

* Lower your screen brightness.
    * Turn Bluetooth/WiFi off when not in use.
    * Download an app that lets you switch between 2g/3g (2g uses less battery).
    * Use AdvancedTaskKiller to turn off backgound apps that drain battery life.

I hope this helps.
  7. armin369

armin369 New Member

Thank you NAKNAK95.

I have already done all of those. What I haven't tried yet is the app that switches between 2g/3g. :)
  8. naknak95

naknak95 New Member

Your welcome. I am going to think of more ideas to try to help with the battery life. I'll post if I think of any more.
  9. armin369

armin369 New Member

What are you running on your droid? like ROM, theme, froyo build.. etc
  10. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

FRG01B has not been the best on battery life for me as well. It's not horrible but it is definitely not as good as 84b (at least for me)
  11. armin369

armin369 New Member

I agree with you 100%
  12. naknak95

naknak95 New Member

I just started this forum thing today and I run standard moto droid FW 2.1. I will evantually root my droid and get better with these things.
  13. armin369

armin369 New Member

oh awesome!!
    If you ever need help, you can PM me and I can help you out to the best of my knowledge
  14. Songman

Songman New Member

I have heard people talk about leaving their phone on the dock/charger all the time. On older phones this was not good for the battery. Is the Droid different so you can do this?

I notice in the car that when I use my Droid as a GPS and leave it on the charger that it gets really hot! It seems like the charge can never catch up when it is like that too. With nothing but the GPS running, the battery life will slowly work it's way down. I thought it would at least stay even.

I have a Verizon charger. Is it possible my battery is bad? The Droid is only about 7 months old. Stock 2.1 system.
  15. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

I have actually wondered this as well. While here at work I usually keep my phone plugged into my computer while I listen to music through Pandora streaming to my BT headset. I rooted a little while back, but just kept stock. While my phone stayed plugged in I never had any issues with my battery life, but last week I flashed to Sapphire 0.8.4 and my battery seems to just drain. I switched back to stock for a while (mostly just to experience the update when it comes out). Now I know I could use SetCPU to adjust it to where the battery wouldn't drain, but I guess I am still such a newbie that I am not sure what the best setting would be, and how to actually set it. I guess I just don't want to mistakenly set it too high and fry my phone. My wife would $#!T since she doesn't want me to root my phone anyway.
  16. armin369

armin369 New Member

the best setting would be on the first page of this thread. Someone posted a picture of their profile settings.
    just follow his/her settings. I just used them and they've been working great!
  17. Domino

Domino New Member

I've found that USB charging the phone plugged into your PC is not as efficient as plugging it into an outlet. If you're using the phone heavily, and especially if you've OC'd the processor... you'll be lucky if the phone charges at all.

Last night on a trip to LA, I tethered my Droid for about 4 hours while my plane flight was delayed in the airport... I was streaming video, chatting, the whole 9 yards... my battery life never went above 40% even while plugged in.

I think it's quite possible for these android phones to use more juice than they can pull in. I've had instances where I've let the phone die out and shut off, I plugged it in, and it tried to boot up... only to shut itself off again. It had to sit there charging for about 5 minutes (off, mind you) before it even had the juice to turn on again.

Not sure if this is indicative of all android phones, or just mine... but these are my experiences.

as far as battery... the screen is what eats the most battery. Make sure your backlight is OFF whenever you absolutely don't need it.
  18. naknak95

naknak95 New Member

Charging your phone via USB isn't the best. I prefer the normal wall charger.
Search tags for this page
droid phone running battery down
droid razr runs the battery down quick

droid x battery running down quickly

droidx battery running down quick
my motorola xp907 battary runs down quickly
new battery for droid incredible 2 is running down too quick
razr maxx warm and battery runs down quickly
when my droid x run down so quickly when it has 40%
why does my droid dna keep running the battery down
why is droid incredible battery always running down
why is my battery on my droid running down so fast
why is my droid razr battery running out so quickly?
why is my motorola droid battery running down fast
why is my verizon gzone running the battery so low
whydoes the battery kepp running ddown.quickly on.a nokia lu