Battery runs out so quick :/ HELP!

OP
A

armin369

Reaction score
I have heard people talk about leaving their phone on the dock/charger all the time. On older phones this was not good for the battery. Is the Droid different so you can do this?
I have actually wondered this as well. While here at work I usually keep my phone plugged into my computer while I listen to music through Pandora streaming to my BT headset. I rooted a little while back, but just kept stock. While my phone stayed plugged in I never had any issues with my battery life, but last week I flashed to Sapphire 0.8.4 and my battery seems to just drain. I switched back to stock for a while (mostly just to experience the update when it comes out). Now I know I could use SetCPU to adjust it to where the battery wouldn't drain, but I guess I am still such a newbie that I am not sure what the best setting would be, and how to actually set it. I guess I just don't want to mistakenly set it too high and fry my phone. My wife would $#!T since she doesn't want me to root my phone anyway.

the best setting would be on the first page of this thread. Someone posted a picture of their profile settings.
just follow his/her settings. I just used them and they've been working great!

Domino

Reaction score
I've found that USB charging the phone plugged into your PC is not as efficient as plugging it into an outlet. If you're using the phone heavily, and especially if you've OC'd the processor... you'll be lucky if the phone charges at all.

Last night on a trip to LA, I tethered my Droid for about 4 hours while my plane flight was delayed in the airport... I was streaming video, chatting, the whole 9 yards... my battery life never went above 40% even while plugged in.

I think it's quite possible for these android phones to use more juice than they can pull in. I've had instances where I've let the phone die out and shut off, I plugged it in, and it tried to boot up... only to shut itself off again. It had to sit there charging for about 5 minutes (off, mind you) before it even had the juice to turn on again.

Not sure if this is indicative of all android phones, or just mine... but these are my experiences.

as far as battery... the screen is what eats the most battery. Make sure your backlight is OFF whenever you absolutely don't need it.

naknak95

Reaction score
I've found that USB charging the phone plugged into your PC is not as efficient as plugging it into an outlet. If you're using the phone heavily, and especially if you've OC'd the processor... you'll be lucky if the phone charges at all.

Last night on a trip to LA, I tethered my Droid for about 4 hours while my plane flight was delayed in the airport... I was streaming video, chatting, the whole 9 yards... my battery life never went above 40% even while plugged in.

I think it's quite possible for these android phones to use more juice than they can pull in. I've had instances where I've let the phone die out and shut off, I plugged it in, and it tried to boot up... only to shut itself off again. It had to sit there charging for about 5 minutes (off, mind you) before it even had the juice to turn on again.

Not sure if this is indicative of all android phones, or just mine... but these are my experiences.

as far as battery... the screen is what eats the most battery. Make sure your backlight is OFF whenever you absolutely don't need it.

Charging your phone via USB isn't the best. I prefer the normal wall charger.