FoxFi

akhi216

Reaction score
I'm getting the message that 'Wifi mode has failed, please use bluetooth mode instead'. The battery pull / rename network / change password trick worked once, but after I turned off foxfi and turned it back on I'm getting the same message again. That's just not a good long-term solution.

:angry:

All I do is reboot for that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Tas

Reaction score
So still no word when this will be available and working on the Maxx? Anyone have any other way to get this done?

Droid Maxxxxxxxx

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know why it shouldn't. It needs to be combined with the newest version of both FoxFi and PDANet. Once configured, when executed, and it pops up with the error abut contacting your carrier you should be able to use it. Just ignore the error.

night_train44

Reaction score
foxfi doesn't work on the motorola droid maxx (yet). I know because i tried it yesterday. the usb internet works though, but not the wifi one. also, if you try to use it, you will kill your screenlock with slider, face recognition, or no lock, and be stuck with password or pattern. it was a pain to fix.

Tas

Reaction score
I also lost ability to Facelock and all you mentioned. After numerous Google searches, a "clear credentials" fixed it. Pain in the buttocks though. I remember someone else mentioning it worked through pdanet. Gonna have to look into that.

Droid Maxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

chuck54

Reaction score
There is now a fix to no wireless tether, it's the entitlement check for the built in hotspot app, one sec and I can find a link.

There is no alternative quite yet that we know of, the maxx is pretty darn new and root was obtained only days ago. More things will come out and maybe foxfi support :)

chuck54

Reaction score
chrisc2u's Photo
chrisc2u
12 Sep 2013
Credit to DirtyDroidX and PipeHitter, after you root (thanks JCase!) You can now use SQLite Manager or the free method below to enable your mobile hotspots on the new Droids without the entitlement check!

http://www.droidrzr....e-hotspot-hack/

PipeHitter, on 30 Jul 2013 - 5:16 PM, said:
For using the stock Mobile Hotspot, here is a quick walk-thru using some free sql apps if you want to avoid paying for SQLite Manager.

As always, all standard caveats apply - ie perform at your own risk. ROOT IS REQUIRED!

Note: If you make an error while in aSQLiteManager don't panic, just back out and when prompted to save tap NO, then start over.

1 Launch your stock Mobile Hotspot app to ensure a db entry is created[/size]. It will not work and give a msg stating to call cust svc, thats fine.
2 Back out and download both aShell and aSQLiteManager by ANDSEN in play store for free[/size]
3 Launch aShell and agree to terms, etc.[/size]
4 Make sure you enable root access by checking box in upper left corner that says "root"[/size]
5 Tap "file explorer" and navigate to /data/data and select "com.motorola.android.providers.settings"[/size]
6 Select "database"[/size]
7 Select "settings.db" !!!BE PATIENT!!, it will take a momement to create a temp file [/size]and give you a response
8 Tap complete action using either reference to aSQLite[/size]
9 Tap open database with aSQLiteManager[/size]
10 Tap settings[/size]
11 Tap data[/size]
12 Tap pgdn until you see “entitlement_check” (mine was row 67)[/size]
13 Tap "edit" on row 67, then change "value" from the default of 1, to 0[/size]
14 Tap OK[/size]
15 Reboot[/size]

Now you should be able to use VZW Mobile Hotspot[/size] with no problems. I've connected with various devices and all behaves normally.

Posted using wifi hotspot from my new Droid MAXX :)

I found this on droid rzr forums, I am about to try it out and see if its still free (always a worry right???)

chuck54

Reaction score
Okay this method is confusing, its much easier to get sqlite editor app and go to setting storage and look for line 65 entitlement check and change it from 1 to 0 (that's what the above method does) and it turns on now for me. Anyone else tried this???

Big D

Reaction score
rooting takes about 3 minutes. No reason not to. Entitlement hack takes another minute. No reason why anyone shouldn't do this.

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
The post states that it does.

No it doesn't, it states:
Okay this method is confusing, its much easier to get sqlite editor app and go to setting storage and look for line 65 entitlement check and change it from 1 to 0 (that's what the above method does) and it turns on now for me. Anyone else tried this???

The post ABOVE that one states Root is required...

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
rooting takes about 3 minutes. No reason not to. Entitlement hack takes another minute. No reason why anyone shouldn't do this.

You mean Other then the fact that people have bricked their phones when not careful? :D

Pickerken

Reaction score
I would love to know how you got the lock screen fixed.

foxfi doesn't work on the motorola droid maxx (yet). I know because i tried it yesterday. the usb internet works though, but not the wifi one. also, if you try to use it, you will kill your screenlock with slider, face recognition, or no lock, and be stuck with password or pattern. it was a pain to fix.
I can not get rid of the darn password lock.
did you do a reset of the phone?