Found the main source of my battery drain...

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No, I have not. Since Moto Assist appears to work in Device mode, I'm going to stick with that. For now.
It does look good, though. Pretty good reviews.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well there you go Sajo: confirmed. Notice Driving Mode icon. Notice Device Only GPS setting.
30fbc610a898d192bcbe93b96077baf2.jpg

Turbo Tap'n
Well...it worked on my Maxx also...in Device Mode only. I never thought to try because of the warning message. Cool, can maybe squeeze out a little more battery. Thanks again!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Weird. Staying on the Moto Assist topic.
I enabled the "Learn which BT devices I use when driving".
The next day my Volvo shows up. The Volvo I haven't driven in a week. And the Aux In BT gadget has yet to show.

Turbo Tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The next day my Volvo shows up. The Volvo I haven't driven in a week. And the Aux In BT gadget has yet to show.

Turbo Tap'n
I have had that setting enabled on my Maxx and my wife's Moto X since buying them in August. I have never seen any of our BT devices show up & we use the same ones every day. I'm not sure if that setting really does anything or not?

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Turbo Tap'n

You Drive A Volvo ?? Say it ain't so!! LOL :) just Kidding ( Not a 74 240 ):

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I must say V have started making a nice looking as well as safe vehicles. Very Nice !

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree. And many of the newer models have twin turbos that can really scoot.
They've definitely come a long way from the old box looking sedans they were so famous for.

S5 tap'n

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wife always wanted a hard top convertible. This was the cheapest one. LOL!
-------
Just wanted to mention to Sajo, re: driving mode. So as I mentioned Moto Assist added the Volvo to that "I will learn which devices you use" before I had even driven it. It still hasn't added the device I use in my car.
Main point: I finally got to drive the Volvo and it went into driving mode as soon as it connected to the car. I hadn't even put it in reverse yet.

Turbo Tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wife always wanted a hard top convertible. This was the cheapest one. LOL!
-------
Just wanted to mention to Sajo, re: driving mode. So as I mentioned Moto Assist added the Volvo to that "I will learn which devices you use" before I had even driven it. It still hasn't added the device I use in my car.
Main point: I finally got to drive the Volvo and it went into driving mode as soon as it connected to the car. I hadn't even put it in reverse yet.

Turbo Tap'n
So, I wonder what makes some BT connect instantly and others not? Good catch on that.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm going to guess Moto Assist is "programmed" to recognize most car makes which is why it added it before I had even driven.
To clarify, The Volvo was a trusted device on my phone already. I just had not connected to it since I enabled the feature for Assist to learn which devices I use in the car.

Turbo Tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think that Assist recognizes the difference between a car BT system and a BT headset. You said that in your car you don't have built in BT and use a BT receiver. But your wife's Volvo has built in BT. My Jeep and my wife's Nissan do not have built in BT. We both use BT headsets for calls and BT receivers for music. I wonder if that is the "recognized device" trigger...auto BT versus a BT headset?

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Ah. Could be.
Had a thought to test my theory, renamed the BT device to the car make on my phone.
Guessing you're right though.
Turbo Tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ah. Could be.
Had a thought to test my theory, renamed the BT device to the car make on my phone.
Guessing you're right though.
Turbo Tap'n
I never put much thought into it before, but it kind of makes sense now. They probably didn't want the phone to trigger Driving Mode every time we connect a BT speaker or a BT headset, etc. A lot of people would be unhappy about that. So somehow the phone recognizes vehicle BT is different from other BT & when you get in your car and it connects to vehicle BT...Driving Mode triggers without the 20 MPH threshold. That's why mine & my wife's only trigger at the 20 MPH mark. However they did it, seems like a smart idea from Moto!