Found the main source of my battery drain...

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
A partially smart idea, I suppose.
I just don't get why it has to "LEARN". That's annoying as hell. Just let me ADD the devices I use in my car. Simple, Moto... ever hear of KISS?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A partially smart idea, I suppose.
I just don't get why it has to "LEARN". That's annoying as hell. Just let me ADD the devices I use in my car. Simple, Moto... ever hear of KISS?
The band or the acronym? Just kidding. I am kind of surprised they didn't include an "add new" type feature on the Turbo & 2014 Moto X; something new for new models. maybe this year's models? All in all, even with a few minor glitches, I am happy that Driving Mode works pretty good and it's all built in...no extra apps to download & setup.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It still says it needs High Accuracy in the app, but I can confirm for certain, driving mode works with Device Only. Switched to Battery Saver at a Stoplight to test. Stayed in Driving Mode.
And, yea, my BT Aux thingy works great for text and music. Not good with phone calls though.

Turbo Tap'n

Is this still an accurate statement on your Turbo @PereDroid ? When you posted this in March I set my Droid Maxx location to Device Only and driving mode kept working fine up until I sold it 2 weeks ago. I had location set to High Accuracy on my new Turbo and changed it to Device Mode Tuesday evening. I noticed yesterday that Driving Mode never turned on, received a few texts on the way home from work and no readout & no Driving Mode. I set it back to High Accuracy this morning and Driving Mode started as always. Does it always have to be in High Accuracy mode with Lollipop 5.1?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Is this still an accurate statement on your Turbo @PereDroid ? When you posted this in March I set my Droid Maxx location to Device Only and driving mode kept working fine up until I sold it 2 weeks ago. I had location set to High Accuracy on my new Turbo and changed it to Device Mode Tuesday evening. I noticed yesterday that Driving Mode never turned on, received a few texts on the way home from work and no readout & no Driving Mode. I set it back to High Accuracy this morning and Driving Mode started as always. Does it always have to be in High Accuracy mode with Lollipop 5.1?
Mine works just fine in Device Only mode and it reads text to me via Bluetooth when in Driving mode. So I do believe high accuracy does not need to be on for this to work at all.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I really think it triggers when it connects to my BT device because it's listed under the Driving Settings. It switches to Driving Mode before I even put the car in reverse.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mine works just fine in Device Only mode and it reads text to me via Bluetooth when in Driving mode. So I do believe high accuracy does not need to be on for this to work at all.

I really think it triggers when it connects to my BT device because it's listed under the Driving Settings. It switches to Driving Mode before I even put the car in reverse.

Thanks guys. Maybe yesterday was just a glitch. I will set it back to device only mode and see what happens.