Folders??

kristaa

Reaction score
Sorry im new to this.. ive had my droid for a month but everyday i learn something new..then when im on these forums its soo overwhelming what the phone can do lol..but i was wondering what exactly are folders for? and how they work. thanks.

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Hey Kristaa,

Brand new to the forum, in fact this is my first post here but I feel qualified to answer your question.

Folders are used to organize items (mainly applications) on your phone. For instance on my phone I have all my games in one folder and all of my sound effect applications in another folder and so on for a total of five folders (so far). Basically anything I thought might be useful to have on the phone but I don't need to get to quickly I put in folders. There are also widgets out there that will also allow you to organize several applications in a small amount of space. I am in the process of researching those and other apps to find out what will work for me.

Hope this helped,
Mitch

eliassami5

Reaction score
Do you own a computer? well then you have probably used a folder before, its basically the same exact thing on your DROID. You can store any application/contact/internet shortcut/etc. you want in there so it wont take up space on your 3 home screens.

I would recommend "apps organizer" from the market for quicker access to your apps. It basically acts like a folder and it allows you to organize your apps in different sections. You can put those sections on your home screen so that they act like folders. Your DROID will run faster with apps organizer rather then putting many apps into a regular folder.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you own a computer? well then you have probably used a folder before, its basically the same exact thing on your DROID. You can store any application/contact/internet shortcut/etc. you want in there so it wont take up space on your 3 home screens.

I would recommend "apps organizer" from the market for quicker access to your apps. It basically acts like a folder and it allows you to organize your apps in different sections. You can put those sections on your home screen so that they act like folders. Your DROID will run faster with apps organizer rather then putting many apps into a regular folder.

The same developer also markets abcOrganizer and FolderOrganizer Lite (which is abcOrganizer ad supported.) abcOrganizer allows the user to collect bookmarks and contacts and access them through a single user-selected icon (what the developer calls a "label"), similar to application folders.

Works well and allows for easy access to a variety of related content without taking up much screen real estate. If you like to see your wallpaper, it's a good solution.