Folders being annoying.

koralyne

Reaction score
Okay, ive got two problems with folders on my droid.

1) they dont close when i move away from the screen. They dont even close when i press home. i have to click the top bar, or hit the back button. Is there an option where if i move away from the folder (like go into an app or something) that it closes?

2) sometimes they dont work. at all. Like, ill tap on it, and it will flash like it recognized the tap, but it would do nothing. just sit there. I dont know what i do to cure it, but i was wondering if anybody else had this problem?

=(

joeymoose

Reaction score
1: The Droid can multitask so it won't close by switching screens, apps, etc...

2: My folders usually always open when clicked...

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
is there an option to make it close when you move away from it? (i dont know how else to describe it, so you get 'move away from it' lol)

i know, most of the time they work, but sometimes they just stop working, and then i forget about it, and then they start working again, either because ive done something or other, i dont know.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I don't think there are any types of settings or options for the folder since it such a basic function..

I know what your talking about, you open the folder, slide to a different screen and it's still open when you come back. I can see how that can be useful to some and annoying to others...

Have the folder worked well in the past? Is this a new problem, New ROM, OCing?

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
i oc'd my droid the day after i got it, but have only started using the folders very recently (like within the week) i really hope oc'ing it didnt mess up the folders...

joeymoose

Reaction score
I doubt it, Oc'ing would only make the folders open faster if anything. You could always go back to stock and see if they work to your liking then! ;( lol, J/K

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
lolz, no way. i can deal with a hardboot every so often. xD

also, it might be of note to mention it only happens to one folder at a time, but, not a specific folder.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Do this for Sh*ts and Giggles, delete one folder that would be easy to re-assemble, re create it, and see what happens...:icon_ devil:

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
interesting. i deleted a folder, and the nonworking one started working! -.-

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
maybe i just have to interact with folders in any way other than opening them to jar it out of its stupor...

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
abcOrganizer (there's a free one as well from the same developer). The labels (i.e. folders) will close on their own, and it's a lot easier to add/manage items. Not to mention backup feature(s) and ability to change both folder and app icons:icon_ banana:. Well worth it (also the paid version adds contact management).

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
You can't drag and drop into the folder, gotta go through the app, way too much of a hastle.

crspang

Reaction score
Apps Organizer is a good one to try too. It gives you the option to close the folder when open an app from it.