Help with little issues

takebackthecountry

Reaction score
Okay, Ive had the moto droid for about a month now and have a couple questions.
Is it possible to remove some of the preloaded programs that will never be used to free up internal memory like corp calender, facebook, & such?
Also how do I name folders?
Most of all, when are they going to fix the force close issue with the e mail???
Is there a better e mail program to use for my imap accounts?
Other than that its a great phone and I havent dropped it yet.

pudah

Reaction score
Okay, Ive had the moto droid for about a month now and have a couple questions.
Is it possible to remove some of the preloaded programs that will never be used to free up internal memory like corp calender, facebook, & such?
Also how do I name folders?
Most of all, when are they going to fix the force close issue with the e mail???
Is there a better e mail program to use for my imap accounts?
Other than that its a great phone and I havent dropped it yet.

Yes you can remove these files, but they don't free up all that much space. In order to remove them you have to root your phone. I wouldn't root just for this reason because, again, it's not that much space, it's a process, and it voids your warranty. It is fun though, if you do want to do it.

I don't have e-mail force closes. What are you talking about?

There are a lot of other programs out there. I don't use them, so I don't know what would be best to me. Search the forum, there is a lot of information on this. I know there are 1 or 2 people seem to prefer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you read the sticky at the top of this thread that explains how memory works on the Droid? You shouldn't be worried about it.