First OTA update from Verizon DEC 11th

MicroNix

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the update, but on top of that I have to take my current one back. I was playing music through the headset jack when the right side audio started cutting out. Sure enough, I can wiggle the jack fairly good and when it moves a certain way the audio cuts out on the right. And I've been handling this thing with kid gloves. Only drool has gotten on it so far :) Kind of a bummer. I wanted to wait a week so a couple batches run through before returning it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I was looking forward to the update, but on top of that I have to take my current one back. I was playing music through the headset jack when the right side audio started cutting out. Sure enough, I can wiggle the jack fairly good and when it moves a certain way the audio cuts out on the right. And I've been handling this thing with kid gloves. Only drool has gotten on it so far :) Kind of a bummer. I wanted to wait a week so a couple batches run through before returning it.
Had same thing happening on my Ipod Touch. take an erasure to the entire tip of the headphone jack. Clean it off and then try it again....

that "fix" worked for me.

Not saying it will but it's worth a try.

andjarnic

Reaction score
So question about this Dec 11 release.. they have a list the day after the phone is released of all the things the Dec 11 release will contain. Since then a number of other small issues have come up. Seems like they should be able to take care of more than what is on that list. That is.. a lot of that was found by their own Verizon peeps who had the phones a week earlier than us, so we should be seeing more than just that in the update.. unless it's already done and they have to wait that long for some reason?

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but i figure it fits in here.

I saw this thread on Howard Forums and figured i'd post its contents and link it for anyone that was curious about the status of the Droids first update.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Motorola DROID Software and Hardware Tracking Thread

My insider sent me a message regarding the camera issue(s), so I thought I'd update everyone...

I've finally updated to the latest candidate release for the next update, and I can tell you that your camera concerns should (most all) be relieved. Camera focuses like a champ, and the bar code scanner is so quick to pick up the bar codes that I don't even get a chance to "center" them now. I'll leave the picture quality comparisons to you experts, but I've noticed a vast improvement! And this is on the same phone... again, this is most definitely not a HW issue.

He said the current internal build is ESD43, so who know what number it will be once the final one comes out in Dec.
But since they are calling it "release candidate" they will most likely focus on a build and make sure that one is stable for release.
There may be a few RCs before the final one.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
So now what about those who wait for the "fixes" and find their camera or whatever didnt fix? Your past 30 days so are they still going to replace the units?

The 30 days are only for those who want to return it and get their money back. The warranty if for a year so Verizon will still need to replace or fix the phone till then.

rgn2000

Reaction score
I noticed the bluetooth carkit and sending contacts via bluetooth, but I did not notice call quality issues in that list. My major issues was that my bluetooth car kit doesn't work as it should with the Droid. It syncs as an audio device and phone, but people referred to my voice when using the phone as an "asthmatic Darth Vader trapped in a dumpster". On other bluetooth devices I was clearer but not the way such a device should be. Verizon told me that I would have to live with these issues until this update that we have been discussing comes out. Basically, I would have to go a month with a smart phone that sucked as a phone.

I don't understand when the fix is for the bluetoosh carkit. It just said something like original kit embedded below. There was not projected date of fix. I am having A2DP streaming issues, everything else works fine. A lot of people have different issues so I am looking forward to a fix.

superglen99

Reaction score
I know you can take it down to 2MP to speed it up but that totally defeats the purpose of having a 5M camera! very frustrated with this!

JerrytheGreat

Reaction score
DDR--there is an issue with downloading attachments if you use Exchange--the best solution people have found it to go to the download settings, and uncheck "accept all certificates"

Wolfdroid

Reaction score
I wonder if the update will fix the speaker problem :mad:, or to that point losing the volume on my ringtones as well.

YosM45

Reaction score
I gotta say...I hope the update makes this Droid a new phone all together. I can beleieve the slew of problems I keep getting, but most importantly the the call quality. It's first and fore-most, a phone.

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone. I can't believe Verizon finally put out a phone that competes with the iPhone.

So far my issues are...
1) Echoing, call crackling, and voice coming out low on the receiving end.
2) There are times when I text that pressing one letter on the touch screen, produces that letter repeatedly, so typing hello, comes out heeeeeeellllooo. Like it's too sensitve at times.
3) I get dropped calls pretty often.
4) I can't forward texts, really?
5) You know, the camera.
6) The GPS will lose my location at times, putting me a good mile away from the actual location. Which has made Locale useless.
7) Lately simple apps such as weather bug and, google finance, and shopsavvy have been force closing and it seems the my phone is running slower.
8) I'm pretty sure that my battery is getting worse. I used to be able to go 2-3 hours before the 90%-80% battery mark, now I get there in 30 mins.

I'll stop there. There are many others, but these are my biggest. Hopefully the OTA update will correct the issues and more.

I just know Verizon. Come January, they'll start working and a bigger and better phone and the Droid will fall to the wayside. Hopefully they will stay true to their flagship phone and keep updating it to stay up to date with the market.

My wife is up for her new every 2, but she won't make a decision until January to see if Verizon/Google stay true to their updates, or if they'll quickly forget when they officially announce the new flagship phone.

Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes, I typed this quickly on my Droid.