First OTA update from Verizon DEC 11th

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by searayman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    That's business.. who does that now adays. People are into not letting others know what's going on.

2. Zippster

Zippster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Plenty, their called recalls or service bulletins. As long as you have the insurance plan though, smash the dam thing if it doesnt work after that. I got it noted in my account about the issues, just dont think its right for them to expect people to wait until out of warranty on hopes of the software update fix.

3. liltone1102

liltone1102 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon is not changing out devices for voice quality issues

I noticed the bluetooth carkit and sending contacts via bluetooth, but I did not notice call quality issues in that list. My major issues was that my bluetooth car kit doesn't work as it should with the Droid. It syncs as an audio device and phone, but people referred to my voice when using the phone as an "asthmatic Darth Vader trapped in a dumpster". On other bluetooth devices I was clearer but not the way such a device should be. Verizon told me that I would have to live with these issues until this update that we have been discussing comes out. Basically, I would have to go a month with a smart phone that sucked as a phone.

4. Jokool_7777

Jokool_7777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All I need is for them to activate the flash and make it a light for when you are recording video in dark places. Can that be done with an update? Man I miss that feature from my BB Storm!

5. searayman

searayman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i bet someone can make an app for that

6. elbono75

elbono75 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured it would be soon... nothing to be to worried about happens when you have to be 1st for a 1st gen of anything

7. MicroNix

MicroNix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking forward to the update, but on top of that I have to take my current one back. I was playing music through the headset jack when the right side audio started cutting out. Sure enough, I can wiggle the jack fairly good and when it moves a certain way the audio cuts out on the right. And I've been handling this thing with kid gloves. Only drool has gotten on it so far :) Kind of a bummer. I wanted to wait a week so a couple batches run through before returning it.

8. Markee

Markee Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I get my Moto Drod tomorrow and look forward to getting all of these "issues" first hand...

9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Had same thing happening on my Ipod Touch. take an erasure to the entire tip of the headphone jack. Clean it off and then try it again....

that "fix" worked for me.

Not saying it will but it's worth a try.

10. andjarnic

andjarnic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So question about this Dec 11 release.. they have a list the day after the phone is released of all the things the Dec 11 release will contain. Since then a number of other small issues have come up. Seems like they should be able to take care of more than what is on that list. That is.. a lot of that was found by their own Verizon peeps who had the phones a week earlier than us, so we should be seeing more than just that in the update.. unless it's already done and they have to wait that long for some reason?

11. dpw2atox

dpw2atox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this in another thread but i figure it fits in here.

I saw this thread on Howard Forums and figured i'd post its contents and link it for anyone that was curious about the status of the Droids first update.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Motorola DROID Software and Hardware Tracking Thread

My insider sent me a message regarding the camera issue(s), so I thought I'd update everyone...

I've finally updated to the latest candidate release for the next update, and I can tell you that your camera concerns should (most all) be relieved. Camera focuses like a champ, and the bar code scanner is so quick to pick up the bar codes that I don't even get a chance to "center" them now. I'll leave the picture quality comparisons to you experts, but I've noticed a vast improvement! And this is on the same phone... again, this is most definitely not a HW issue.

He said the current internal build is ESD43, so who know what number it will be once the final one comes out in Dec.
    But since they are calling it "release candidate" they will most likely focus on a build and make sure that one is stable for release.
    There may be a few RCs before the final one.

12. ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Excited about this!