First OTA update from Verizon DEC 11th

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by searayman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 30 days are only for those who want to return it and get their money back. The warranty if for a year so Verizon will still need to replace or fix the phone till then.

2. rgn2000

rgn2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand when the fix is for the bluetoosh carkit. It just said something like original kit embedded below. There was not projected date of fix. I am having A2DP streaming issues, everything else works fine. A lot of people have different issues so I am looking forward to a fix.

3. ddr

ddr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't open any attachments

4. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what about the cameras like 5 minute refresh time after taking a picure???!!

5. nate94gt

nate94gt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, the refresh time is pretty brutal.

6. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know you can take it down to 2MP to speed it up but that totally defeats the purpose of having a 5M camera! very frustrated with this!

7. JerrytheGreat

JerrytheGreat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DDR--there is an issue with downloading attachments if you use Exchange--the best solution people have found it to go to the download settings, and uncheck "accept all certificates"

8. Wolfdroid

Wolfdroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if the update will fix the speaker problem :mad:, or to that point losing the volume on my ringtones as well.

9. YosM45

YosM45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I gotta say...I hope the update makes this Droid a new phone all together. I can beleieve the slew of problems I keep getting, but most importantly the the call quality. It's first and fore-most, a phone.

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone. I can't believe Verizon finally put out a phone that competes with the iPhone.

So far my issues are...
    1) Echoing, call crackling, and voice coming out low on the receiving end.
    2) There are times when I text that pressing one letter on the touch screen, produces that letter repeatedly, so typing hello, comes out heeeeeeellllooo. Like it's too sensitve at times.
    3) I get dropped calls pretty often.
    4) I can't forward texts, really?
    5) You know, the camera.
    6) The GPS will lose my location at times, putting me a good mile away from the actual location. Which has made Locale useless.
    7) Lately simple apps such as weather bug and, google finance, and shopsavvy have been force closing and it seems the my phone is running slower.
    8) I'm pretty sure that my battery is getting worse. I used to be able to go 2-3 hours before the 90%-80% battery mark, now I get there in 30 mins.

I'll stop there. There are many others, but these are my biggest. Hopefully the OTA update will correct the issues and more.

I just know Verizon. Come January, they'll start working and a bigger and better phone and the Droid will fall to the wayside. Hopefully they will stay true to their flagship phone and keep updating it to stay up to date with the market.

My wife is up for her new every 2, but she won't make a decision until January to see if Verizon/Google stay true to their updates, or if they'll quickly forget when they officially announce the new flagship phone.

Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes, I typed this quickly on my Droid.

10. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not experiencing any of those issues other than the camera's inability to take decent pictures. I would say I'm lucky, but this is not my first droid. However, now that I have a working unit, I really can't complain about many of the issues you listed. Call quality is great, virtual keyboard is smooth, gps finds me quickly and is very consistent, force closes are rare, and I haven't noticed any change in battery performance. Maybe you should make an exchange?

11. YosM45

YosM45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went into Verizon on Saturday, and they were going to replace it, but I noticed that I have a build # 20 and all the ones they had in the store were al build # 20.

I fugured I'd wait until they got newer ones in before I exchanged it.

Do I have this build # thing correct? Or is there something different I should be looking at?

If so, what kind of build numbers are some of you getting?

12. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    The update should resolve a lot of issues but I'm fortunate that I haven't experienced any of them :icon_ banana: