First OTA update from Verizon DEC 11th

khojem

Reaction score
You guys aren't on Verizon's early push program?

Nah.. I ended up getting some bs app update.
It was early am and I was confused to be honest.

I look forward to the push like most of you.

Zippster

Reaction score
So now what about those who wait for the "fixes" and find their camera or whatever didnt fix? Your past 30 days so are they still going to replace the units?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So now what about those who wait for the "fixes" and find their camera or whatever didnt fix? Your past 30 days so are they still going to replace the units?

That's why I was going to try to have them put it on the record that I have a phone where the camera doesn't autofocus, and if the patch doesn't fix it, they they should be giving me another one. Someone said though that they wouldn't put that on their account, just talk to a supervisor.

Zippster

Reaction score
Sort of my point, all the other sheeple who just sit and wait quietly for the godsend patch get screwed if it doesnt work for them. Why not let your customers know that there are issues and they are covered?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's business.. who does that now adays. People are into not letting others know what's going on.

Zippster

Reaction score
Plenty, their called recalls or service bulletins. As long as you have the insurance plan though, smash the dam thing if it doesnt work after that. I got it noted in my account about the issues, just dont think its right for them to expect people to wait until out of warranty on hopes of the software update fix.

liltone1102

Reaction score
Verizon is not changing out devices for voice quality issues

I noticed the bluetooth carkit and sending contacts via bluetooth, but I did not notice call quality issues in that list. My major issues was that my bluetooth car kit doesn't work as it should with the Droid. It syncs as an audio device and phone, but people referred to my voice when using the phone as an "asthmatic Darth Vader trapped in a dumpster". On other bluetooth devices I was clearer but not the way such a device should be. Verizon told me that I would have to live with these issues until this update that we have been discussing comes out. Basically, I would have to go a month with a smart phone that sucked as a phone.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
All I need is for them to activate the flash and make it a light for when you are recording video in dark places. Can that be done with an update? Man I miss that feature from my BB Storm!

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
All I need is for them to activate the flash and make it a light for when you are recording video in dark places. Can that be done with an update? Man I miss that feature from my BB Storm!

i bet someone can make an app for that

elbono75

Reaction score
Figured it would be soon... nothing to be to worried about happens when you have to be 1st for a 1st gen of anything