First custom rom on droid x.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Thanks I got it, I just need a rom now lol.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Thanks I got it, I just need a rom now lol.
Try this one:
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/6155-rom-darkslide-v4-2-a.html
If you decide on it, get both the rom and the Black Market zip. Then:
Bootstrap recovery
Reboot recovery
Go to mounts and storage
Mount system
Go back to main recovery menu
Wipe data/ factory reset
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select DarkSlide
Install
Go back to main recovery menu
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select black market
Install
Reboot
Enjoy :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
Got it. IS team black hat really necessary to use or can I go without it?

It's not necessary...but very helpful. They provide the sbf files, should you get in trouble...this app provides an easy way to get these files, and it jelps support the team that helps oit very many people with many devices (Droid, Droid X, Droid2, Droid2 Global, Droid Pro, etc) :)

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score

It's not necessary...but very helpful. They provide the sbf files, should you get in trouble...this app provides an easy way to get these files, and it jelps support the team that helps oit very many people with many devices (Droid, Droid X, Droid2, Droid2 Global, Droid Pro, etc) :)

Oh okay, this is all different from when I rooted my droid so I wanted to make sure of what I was putting on my phone. I still don't know if I'm going to put custom roms on it yet.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Oh okay, this is all different from when I rooted my droid so I wanted to make sure of what I was putting on my phone. I still don't know if I'm going to put custom roms on it yet.

I know how you feel...rooting the Droid was so simple in comparison right? Well, trust me, I rooted my DX just 2 days after I bought it...it's far less confusing than it sounds at first. And if you get stuck or need help, you've got a whole community of friends willing to help out ;) don’t worry :)

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score

I know how you feel...rooting the Droid was so simple in comparison right? Well, trust me, I rooted my DX just 2 days after I bought it...it's far less confusing than it sounds at first. And if you get stuck or need help, you've got a whole community of friends willing to help out ;) don’t worry :)

totally. I think I'll spend some of my weekend off reading up on roms and stuff before I rush in. this phone is really the best phone out of the box Ive had I bet custom roms only make it better

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

the5barrons

Reaction score
Bootstrap first. When it gives you the success, reboot recovery.

RSD has a 4.9?
Indeed. Many have issues with 4.8 so this is why I suggest 4.9

:)

Oh. I have been away for a little bit and didn't know there was an update. 4.8 worked for me one shot, one kill. SBF'd so I could get the .340 and had no issues.