1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nandroid back up If you aren't installing custom roms

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by jsw6380a, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

Hey guys,

Fairly new to root and loving it! Just wondering. I currently am not interested in custom roms but should I still do a Nandroid backup? I have my current settings backed up with Titanium backup and it went off without a hitch. Is this suffice for just using rooted apps such as drocap2, wifi tether and titanium backup?

Thanks..
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Yes you will only really need a nandroid backup if you are flashing a rom. Just be sure that you've backed up any bloat with titanium before you remove it, if you plan on removing it.

tappin and a talkin
  3. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

Bloat removal

I have been hearing some bad wraps about deleting the bloatware.. I might leave it alone. However would freezing them in titanium be ok until I need to thaw for system upgrade?
  4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

That's the best method imo

tappin and a talkin
  5. crypto

crypto New Member

I'd install bootstrap recovery just to be safe. I only just installed a custom ROM, but i still used clockwork recovery plenty before that
  6. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

I used z4 root and I have had ZERO issues so far. (knock on wood) Did you have any issues prior to flashing roms? hope not...:icon_eek: