Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
megaupload.jpeg

Right on the heels of SOPA being killed the Feds in Virginia have shut down one of the world's largest file-sharing sites, Megaupload.com, and charged its founder and others with violating piracy laws. The Associated Press broke the story and reported that the indictment accuses Megaupload.com’s owner of "costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content."

The indictment also claims that at one point the site was the 13th most popular website in the world. Maybe there is some truth to the unlucky number 13 after all.

Source: CBS Atlanta

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
See, this is what bothers me. The shut the ENTIRE website down. Not just mandating that they pull specific content. I know I've downloaded files hosted there that were not pirated, especially for my Android phone. This is what I'm afraid SOPA/PIPA will turn into.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
See, this is what bothers me. The shut the ENTIRE website down. Not just mandating that they pull specific content. I know I've downloaded files hosted there that were not pirated, especially for my Android phone. This is what I'm afraid SOPA/PIPA will turn into.

If it can be abused, it will.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

catnapped

Reaction score
What's to stop HTC, Motorola, or whoever to claim that reverse engineering their software is an infringement on their copyrights and shutting all of these sites down?

thc1967

Reaction score
Costing publishers even $1 is FOS. The vast majority of people who use pirate sites wouldn't have paid to access the content "legally".

Fonzz

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Out of all the similar file hosting sites, mega had the fastest download speeds for free users. (from my own recent observations)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
and so it begins .. 4share will be next

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That sucks for the people being charged...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Anonymous will have anything to say about this.

I wish they would just disappear. You don't fight injustice with whiny little rants, cyber terrorism and hiding behind masks like a bunch of cowards.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Wonder how far this will reach. Beyond sites like mega upload. Wonder if it will effect places like dropbox or even cloud storage.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I wish they would just disappear. You don't fight injustice with whiny little rants, cyber terrorism and hiding behind masks like a bunch of cowards.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Looks like it works pretty well .Hows voting for Ron Paul working for you. The media has all but written him off even though he is getting most of the support of voters. I say more power to them.Somebody needs to stand up for the plain american. Nobody else seems to be doing anything but complaining and that hasn't got us anywhere.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Well I was going to quote and agree with someone about how unfortunaye it is that I'll no longer be able to quickly access certain content from this site but I think the post got removed. A shame since the other ones are both slower and make the free users wait hours to download. Tsh...shut down Oron instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.