Feds Shut Down Megaupload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I got pissed off on the SOPA discusion yesterday fpr this same reason. Some people do not understand the full gravity of what the feds wanted to do. They wanted to take away our 1st Amendment Right. I am not condoning copyright infringements. I just see the big picture on this. I foight for the Constitution, our Flag, and our rights. This makes me sick to my stomache and wish I neger defended these infantile idiots masquerading as our officials.

Whether you are agnostic or atheist or not. You would have to agree with this assessment:

People love to hate Caesar Agustus for handing down the cruisifiction sentence of Christ. But, T the same time, he has to be respected to a degree because he upheld the job his people elected him to do. He upheld the democracy the people expected. He gave them two choices, cruisify, or set free. He even said he found no fault in the man. But the people spoke and wanted the cruisifiction, and as much as he didn't want to, he upheld his job and moved the sentence forward.

If the idiots in the whitehouse were a employees or even CEO's in a corporation, or a business, they would have been 86'ed a LOOOOOOONG time ago.

That's all I'm gonna say. I'm out. This is stupid. Yes! There were infringements on megaupload. Don't shut the whole site down. Hold the individuals accountable. Period. It's that simple.

God, I need to go run now, I'm so worked up!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
...i know some rom/kernel downloads that were hosted on mega upload...and mega video is everywhere

and why shut down the company when they only provided a service that the users abused, not the company...its like shutting down time warner because i used their internet to download music illegally :mad:

That will be shown in court, unless it was their intention to aid in piracy, which I highly doubt.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
i dont think thats a very good comparison...a more accurate one might be someone is renting a house and using it to sell drugs out of so do you punish the landlord when he/she may not even be aware of whats going on?

megaupload is essentially a place to host files, they dont actually put anything on themselves, all they can do is attempt to crack down on users that post copyrighted material (which ive seen done there)
(Sorry for my rant. I was pretty pissed when I read this. Lol!) But I agree. Hold the person who infringed the copyright accountable. Not the whole site. Apparently the stoopids in the whitehouse thinknof us as children. Reason I say this is because how many times have you tried to tet your kids to confess who done it? Transaction as follows:
You, "Who threw the rock through the window?"
Kid 1, "It wasn't me!"
You turn to the other one, " Did you do this?"
Kid 2, "No...)
You, "Ok. Fine. You both are grounded."
They can see who is the culprit for the infringement. It's just an excuse to A)do less work. B) take away some more freedom.

And something else that enfuriates me (a little off topic) the US Air Force awarded a foriegn company for the $1B contract to build our next attack plane. Probably influence by the man masquerading as our president. That is stupid on multiple fronts! I am glad I am not in the DoD anymore. And one major reason why I got out. I couldn't take the political BS.

Last edited:

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wish they would just disappear. You don't fight injustice with whiny little rants, cyber terrorism and hiding behind masks like a bunch of cowards.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

you clearly don't understand anon, anon is not a group of people. EVERYONE is anon, online you can be anon, you can not be anon... this all started on 4chan... so they catch some people, more people will fill the hole... there isn't a leader to anon, it's amorphic (i think that's the word I'm looking for) and won't even just disappear.

Reaction score
i dont think thats a very good comparison...a more accurate one might be someone is renting a house and using it to sell drugs out of so do you punish the landlord when he/she may not even be aware of whats going on?

megaupload is essentially a place to host files, they dont actually put anything on themselves, all they can do is attempt to crack down on users that post copyrighted material (which ive seen done there)

Yeah, only in this case the landlord absolutely knows what's going on and is taking in the money by turning a blind eye.

How about the big Penn State scandal going on? One man was guilty of the actual crime but many have lost their jobs for not doing enough. But of course since that involves kids everyone agrees. But since this involves people not getting free stuff, they complain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
Ok soo... if they have shut down Meg-Upload does this mean sites like *********** is next? Its a file sharing site too.

Sent from my Updated and Re-Rooted Og Droid Razr sliced thin! :)

N4UPD

Reaction score
Right but doing things illegally is never right, PERIOD.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

That's what got this Anonymous thing really going is people were doing things legally. Peacefully protesting Wall street and what did it get them being sprayed with mace and pepper spray. Get beaten and arrested for protesting that is in the constitution. They started this so now they are getting what they deserve.They wan to start something ,the American people will finish it. Legal or not.

skyshadow

Reaction score
That's what got this Anonymous thing really going is people were doing things legally. Peacefully protesting Wall street and what did it get them being sprayed with mace and pepper spray. Get beaten and arrested for protesting that is in the constitution. They started this so now they are getting what they deserve.They wan to start something ,the American people will finish it. Legal or not.

Amen to that!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sundawg102

Reaction score
I recommend we all sign the petition to stop pipa & sopa. Google has it if you block on their censored name.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I recommend we all sign the petition to stop pipa & sopa. Google has it if you block on their censored name.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Plus one to that! I think I signed it yesterday. Do you have a link to the link? Lol

*Edited. Forgot the quote. Lol. Sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.