Feds Shut Down Megaupload

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like it works pretty well .Hows voting for Ron Paul working for you. The media has all but written him off even though he is getting most of the support of voters. I say more power to them.Somebody needs to stand up for the plain american. Nobody else seems to be doing anything but complaining and that hasn't got us anywhere.

Right but doing things illegally is never right, PERIOD.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

empoweredh22

Reaction score
Looks like it's not just Megaupload but the entire Mega network. Megavideo.com is also down. So given that SOPA isn't law yet and there doesn't appear to have been due process here, on whose authority are the sites down and how is that legal?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It's comforting to know that MegaUpload gets more attention than the Wall Street criminals that nearly destroyed the world economy. :disappointed:​

pinoy_92

Reaction score
im pretty sure youtube and facebook has a lot more copyright infringement from music, shows and movies and yet they shut down megaupload.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Give them time....

Uh oh. That means it's possible for one of my own videos to go down and get me sued because I put on a bit of music in it?
Guess it's time to bring out that Typhoon that's been sitting in the hangar...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
...i know some rom/kernel downloads that were hosted on mega upload...and mega video is everywhere

and why shut down the company when they only provided a service that the users abused, not the company...its like shutting down time warner because i used their internet to download music illegally :mad:

Steeeler

Reaction score
It's comforting to know that MegaUpload gets more attention than the Wall Street criminals that nearly destroyed the world economy. :disappointed:​

Isnt that amazing! Not even a hint of shutting down the wallstreet crooks but full force on a file uploading company. Unbelievable!!!

Reaction score
So the feds don't even want us to mod our phones which that stuff is not copyrighted??? Damn fascists!!!!!

I thought a lot of the whitehouse loosers backed down from the sopa-pilla thing?

*Edited

Reaction score
I think this was a brilliant move. Yesterday the internet and "the people" tried to exercise their power by protesting so the feds answered back with a shutdown of mega upload. I applaud this action.

People need to stop exaggerating and trying to compare small potatoes to the big dogs. Mega upload has been knowingly and willingly offering copyright infringement and the founder of the website had made millions. This is exactly the kind of person that needs to answer to his selfish behavior.

To the person who says why punish the site when it's the users who abuse it..... seriously? Think about it. Who faces more punishment? The guy selling and distributing drugs or the guy who buys a bag every now and then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So it is happening...

I'm sure once some government guys supporting this realizes this means no more free music, they'll put a stop to it. There's no way they are going to agree to playing $5.00 a song once Apple raises their prices since everyone will be forced to use iTunes.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this was a brilliant move. Yesterday the internet and "the people" tried to exercise their power by protesting so the feds answered back with a shutdown of mega upload. I applaud this action.

People need to stop exaggerating and trying to compare small potatoes to the big dogs. Mega upload has been knowingly and willingly offering copyright infringement and the founder of the website had made millions. This is exactly the kind of person that needs to answer to his selfish behavior.

To the person who says why punish the site when it's the users who abuse it..... seriously? Think about it. Who faces more punishment? The guy selling and distributing drugs or the guy who buys a bag every now and then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

i dont think thats a very good comparison...a more accurate one might be someone is renting a house and using it to sell drugs out of so do you punish the landlord when he/she may not even be aware of whats going on?

megaupload is essentially a place to host files, they dont actually put anything on themselves, all they can do is attempt to crack down on users that post copyrighted material (which ive seen done there)

clueless77

Reaction score
Didn't we try this type of thing before, that little thing called prohibition, oh wait that caused a crime spree of epic proportions, just shows we really don't learn from our mistakes.

BAD ASS X

Status
Not open for further replies.