FedEx and Verizon is a joke

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by GreenAcid, Jun 19, 2010.

1. GreenAcid

GreenAcid New Member

So after selling off my 1st Droid a few months back, I got the option to get another one.

It got shipped out on June 16th with a Delivery date of....Oh yeah, Yesterday....FedEx comes, No phones. just something else I ordered....I call FedEx and get someone that sounds like they are from Russia (Way to outsource btw?)

The guy said that my package was "Miss sorted" and he has no idea what is going on. and he was gonna put a trace on it. I Call this morning (12:30am) to speak to Yet another person that sounds like they are from Russia, she says there is no word back from the department, but I "MIGHT" see my package some time today (Saturday).

What the hell? From reading the one dudes thread on here about returning phones via fedex and them never making it, I'm starting to think something is going on here?...un trustworthy FedEx workers perhaps?

anyone else deal with this garbage?
  2. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

I get 3-4 packages per day from Fed EX , and around one every two months is delayed , but not more than one day . They also don't crash the boxes as hard as the guys from UPS or USPS .
  3. Bdog

Bdog New Member

My friend has been expecting a FedEx package all week long and ever got it, and when she finally called them, they said it had been delivered. A very important package that requires a signature, mind you, so it couldn't have been simply left on the porch.

Not to mention, I have been in distribution for 6 years, and learned to not trust FedEx or their drivers. They're basically freelance delivery boys that own their own trucks, and don't give a damn about rules or regulations. If I ever have to ground ship anything, it's always UPS.
  4. GreenAcid

GreenAcid New Member

Well i got a phone call from FedEx today, the voice mail was as followed:

"Sorry Mr. XXX, We have found your package, and unfortunately it won't be delivered for Saturday delivery because someone didn't put a Saturday delivery sticker on it. It's just now leaving XXX, and I suppose it should be there Monday, and I have marked it for first thing in the morning. Again we are truly sorry and the only thing i can say on behalf of FedEx is we screwed up big time, if there is anything we can do for you, please call blah blah blah..."

I've never in my life with dealing with Verizon have ever had this problem. The only problem i have is while getting a new phone, my drivers never come until 7:30pm or 8pm...like the latest they can. :(

We'll see if it comes on Monday. Right now it's on the way to my city destination.
  5. Bdog

Bdog New Member

Did you get the tracking #? Be sure to follow that closely online. It's nice of them to owning up to making a mistake, but seriously, that shouldn't have happened to begin with.
  6. GreenAcid

GreenAcid New Member

yup i have the tracking number.
  7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Every shipping company makes mistakes. I've had far less trouble with FedEx than UPS. Obviously, YMMV.
  8. GreenAcid

GreenAcid New Member

Uh, what? YMMV?
  9. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

I got my droid replacement in 2 days, and sent my borked droid back with 3 days left before I got charged, and it made it back. FedEx did fine for me. :)
  10. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Your mileage may vary? Just a guess...
  11. GreenAcid

GreenAcid New Member

lol. i was thinking of what it could mean too.
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Moved to a more appropriate area.
  13. Bdog

Bdog New Member

14. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

ive used Fedex for years and have been nothing but satisfied with them. Ive seen what UPS does to their packages and i dont like them at all. Fedex usually delivers packages to my house before noon where as UPS gets here at like 4-6pm. I know its probably due to their delivery routs but Fedex consistantly delivers faster for me that UPS and my packages are always well taken care of with them. Mistakes happen when millions of packages need to be shipped. And outsourcing..rly?
  15. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

I just gotta comment as well on this. I ship around 5-10 international shipments, and 10-20 domestic shipments a week with FedEx Express and Freight. In 4 years 3 months they have only lost one package with the rest arriving within a satisfactory timeframe and mostly arriving before the due date.

Perhaps my corporate account has some perks, but I just can't understand something like this being FedEx's fault.
  16. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes, YMMV means your mileage may vary.

As for Saturday delivery, unless there is a special arrangement, VZW and FedEx do not do Saturday deliveries at all.

As for a screw up, I went to McDonalds last week to the drive up and when I got home I realized they didn't put in my fries. Will I go to McDonalds again, of course. We're all human.
  17. jayb

jayb New Member

FED EX is the absolute worse way to have a package delivered. They leave stuff at your door and if it is stolen then its your fault.

Fed ex also has a very bad " rep " for anything that might be lost or stolen. Good luck to anyone using a " sub-par " delivery service. The USPS is better than Fed ex.
  18. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If a package is signature required, they are not allowed to leave a package without a signature. VZW is very strict about this. If it ever happens, you need to contact VZW and FedEx because someone will be in big trouble.
  19. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Both FedEx, USPS and UPS will leave stuff at your door unless the package is marked signature required....
  20. zero7starz

zero7starz New Member

... and for the record verizon has nothing to do with fed ex. just because it is their courier does not mean that its verizon's fault that fed ex messed up. once they ship it, its all on fed ex. kthxbye.
Search tags for this page
does fedex deliver on saturday for verizon
does verizon deliver on saturday
does verizon fedex deliver on saturday

does verizon ship fedex or ups

does verizon ship with fedex or ups
ups drivers un trustworthy
verizon fedex
verizon saturday delivery
what time does fedex deliver verizon phones

who delivers for verizon phones

who delivers phones from verizon ups or fed ex