FedEx LOST my DroidX

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by VidProQuo, Aug 4, 2010.

1. *22899

*22899 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I live in the country and our fedex guy just drives a van around. I got my wife a free droid with the american eagle promo, and the dude left it on my porch in the rain with no signature! So yes I believe they are maybe outsourcing on the sly. I wanted to make a claim so bad because no one signed for it. But we don't act that way in rural farm country america. I guess I should have been glad that I didn't have to go pick it up from them.

2. enkryptik

enkryptik Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I work at the Indianapolis FedEx hub at the airport and unless it was stolen by someone that delivers to houses, it would be pretty hard for someone to steal it as there are tons of cameras and at least for the iphone 4, they had two people watching the containers that were full of them along with the security cameras pointed right at them. You really never know with people anymore though. Also, they know what container every box came out of and what sorting line it was on. They've busted people for stealing before not even caught in the act by tracking down what area of the hub would've been touching the package at the time it went missing.
    Sorry about all the problems you've had. Verizon should insure for the value because anything could happen....broken, stolen, rain leaking in, some other package busted leaking who knows what on it.
    side note: I'd be super pissed if some fedex employee or anyone else for that matter touched my expensive new phone before I got to.

3. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Dude, this is really simple. Call CC company, cancel the charges.

That is all they are going to care about, they don't care about VZ or FedEx.

You ordered a phone on your card and didn't get it, and when FedEx tells them it was "lost" then they are going to credit you back plain and simple.

It's simply going to be a chargeback against VZ, and they will have NO recourse against the banks decision, refer to para #2.

4. accellpo

accellpo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    VidProQuo's story scared me, so I canceled my Droid x order with Verizon, went to Walmart and got it. No mail in rebate, no waiting, and no problems. Best move I could've made.

5. Schimm

Schimm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup that sounds like good advice. Everything is traced electronically by FedEx including signature. It just can't simply vanish or be lost. Now if they had left it at your doorstep and then it's gone, then that's another story, but that didn't happen.

6. ShaiBrooklyn

ShaiBrooklyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I'm scared. I just ordered my X a few days ago with an estimated ship date of the 18th. Didn't have a choice but to call since it was a very early upgrade so I can't just go to WalMart and pick it up.

7. zamslam

zamslam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That must be very frustrating, my condolences.

8. humbug75

humbug75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I purchased my Droid X online through the Verizon Store on Aug 17th and it was shipped on Friday, Aug 27 from Memphis TN. It arrived in Houston, TX sort facility on Aug 28th and never moved. I've spent two days on the phone with both Verizon and Federal Express. FedEx has finally decided that they can't find the phone... Verizon is sending me a new phone... but the kicker is that I now have to wait until the 14th of September for it to ship. Of coarse I went through the same ordeal with FedEx reps saying they would call me back with no response... It took me calling several times to get any answers... Bottom line. My phone was stolen (I'm sure of it) while being shipped and I won't see it for another two weeks or more. Unbelievable.

9. Black00StangGT

Black00StangGT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow I cant believe you said that my phone has been sitting in the Memphis facility for 2 days now i am sure my phone will magically dissapear like others, Im really starting to get fed up with the terrible service from FedEx nothing but problems with them.

10. deek

deek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I recall, I had it setup for myself where I didn't change my plan until the Phone arrived. I was on a plan that did not exist anymore, but I was grandfathered in and any upgardes would force me to change my plan. The Droid X required me to change my plan. So, I set it up where I would not have to change it until I activated my phone. I ordered the phone, while being backordered at the time, and expected it to arrive in about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. It came a week ahead of time. Luckily, Verizon sent me an e-mail saying it had been shipped. I also had a tracking #.. They were pretty quick. I went home for lunch the day I was expecting it... And I happened to time it right and the FedEx guy showed up at the time I was home.

Now, if you never got your phone.... The tracking # should show that it is not delivered. Therefore, you should not have to pay for anything. I find it hard that the customer would be left liable in this situation. FedEx messed up and should cough up the change for their mistake. Maybe you will have to look into it more in-depth. The other option is to force them to find the phone and return that one once it is found. Who knows, but many possibilities.

11. humbug75

humbug75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon isn't making me repay for the lost phone... They are just making me wait (9/14/10 is new ship date). FedEx has taken responsibility for losing the package (which took 2 days and many hours on hold). They gave me a claim number that I inturn gave to Verizon and they reissued the order for a phone.

I'm also not paying for the increased contract until I activate a new phone.

#35 humbug75, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    When you activate your phone that's when it advises you that you are agreeing to a 2 year extension on your contract. It doesn't happen until then.

Search tags for this page

fed ex lost my verizon phone

fedex lost package in memphis

fedex package lost in memphis

fedex package lost in memphis tennissee

my verison telephone was stolen when shipped by fedex
verizon fed ex package losy
verizon phone shipped but not in box
verizon phone stolen in shipment via fedex
what to do when a package lost through fedex shipping proces
when will verizon credit my account after fedex claim