FedEx LOST my DroidX

bcc12345

Reaction score
can try to file a "dispute" claim with your credit card company, attesting to the fact that you never received the product... I've had this happen to me a few times where I never received a shipment,tho FedEx/UPS says they "delivered" it.... the credit card company should credit your account for the amount, and then THEY will track it down

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
Go to this link:

PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many

File a complaint and express that you did not receive any package, nor that you singed for any package. They should email your complaint to some executives office employee and you should receive a call/email within a couple of days. They will try to work out the issue with you and they are allowed to do whatever to keep the customer happy. Seeing as you did nothing wrong, and are being charged for two Droid X's, I would express that this issue be dealt with Verizon and FedEx without you. You simply ordered the phone. You did not ship nor contracted the company that was suppose to ship the package. Do not take this lying down and do not let your credit card company run the charge. You should not be paying for something you did not loose.

Best of luck with this and hope you are taken care of.

Jejackson

Reaction score
**** Fedex...pardon my French. I had a very similar ordeal with my Helio (remember them?) replacement phone, but they lost the phone I sent back. Helio tried to stick me with the 400 dollar bill for keeping both units. Fedex was completely useless in helping me resolve the issue. It took me about a month of talking to CSRs on the phone to convince Helio to reimburse the ammount.

accellpo

Reaction score
Damn this is a nightmare! My DX is due to arrive Friday and I'm worried now! I'd definitely cancel Verizon if they gave me any problems like that. This shouldn't be your problem.

OP
V

VidProQuo

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I spent literally all afternoon on the phone with Verizon. I finally got them to take responsibility for dealing with FedEx on my lost phone. I also got them to credit my account for the replacement phone they made me purchase. Despite having paid for the phone on the 26th of July, they placed me back in the que as of today and will not ship my phone until approximately August 23rd, almost a month exactly from when I paid for it. They claim to have no way to expedite shipping a phone to me.

Between Verizon and FedEx, I have spent a total of 10 hours (mostly on hold) dealing with this issue. I'm still not happy with either Verizon or FedEx.

Schimm

Reaction score
How can it possibly be lost? The phone is in their custody until it is delivered so there is only one possibility.....it was stolen by an employee because no one signed for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dakoop

Reaction score
Hope they sent it to me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
V

VidProQuo

Reaction score
How can it possibly be lost? The phone is in their custody until it is delivered so there is only one possibility.....it was stolen by an employee because no one signed for it.

While I have no actual proof, I firmly believe it was a FedEx employee at the Memphis Sorting Facility that stole my phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

While I have no actual proof, I firmly believe it was a FedEx employee at the Memphis Sorting Facility that stole my phone.

Isn't FEDex outsourcing some of it's deliveries these days? And how easy that would make it for someone to steal somebodies phone?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in the country and our fedex guy just drives a van around. I got my wife a free droid with the american eagle promo, and the dude left it on my porch in the rain with no signature! So yes I believe they are maybe outsourcing on the sly. I wanted to make a claim so bad because no one signed for it. But we don't act that way in rural farm country america. I guess I should have been glad that I didn't have to go pick it up from them.

enkryptik

Reaction score
I work at the Indianapolis FedEx hub at the airport and unless it was stolen by someone that delivers to houses, it would be pretty hard for someone to steal it as there are tons of cameras and at least for the iphone 4, they had two people watching the containers that were full of them along with the security cameras pointed right at them. You really never know with people anymore though. Also, they know what container every box came out of and what sorting line it was on. They've busted people for stealing before not even caught in the act by tracking down what area of the hub would've been touching the package at the time it went missing.
Sorry about all the problems you've had. Verizon should insure for the value because anything could happen....broken, stolen, rain leaking in, some other package busted leaking who knows what on it.
side note: I'd be super pissed if some fedex employee or anyone else for that matter touched my expensive new phone before I got to.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude, this is really simple. Call CC company, cancel the charges.

That is all they are going to care about, they don't care about VZ or FedEx.

You ordered a phone on your card and didn't get it, and when FedEx tells them it was "lost" then they are going to credit you back plain and simple.

It's simply going to be a chargeback against VZ, and they will have NO recourse against the banks decision, refer to para #2.

accellpo

Reaction score
VidProQuo's story scared me, so I canceled my Droid x order with Verizon, went to Walmart and got it. No mail in rebate, no waiting, and no problems. Best move I could've made.

Schimm

Reaction score
Dude, this is really simple. Call CC company, cancel the charges.

That is all they are going to care about, they don't care about VZ or FedEx.

You ordered a phone on your card and didn't get it, and when FedEx tells them it was "lost" then they are going to credit you back plain and simple.

It's simply going to be a chargeback against VZ, and they will have NO recourse against the banks decision, refer to para #2.

Yup that sounds like good advice. Everything is traced electronically by FedEx including signature. It just can't simply vanish or be lost. Now if they had left it at your doorstep and then it's gone, then that's another story, but that didn't happen.

ShaiBrooklyn

Reaction score
Now I'm scared. I just ordered my X a few days ago with an estimated ship date of the 18th. Didn't have a choice but to call since it was a very early upgrade so I can't just go to WalMart and pick it up.