Features and Differences between roms

drilus

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I've looked and can't seem to find any topic on this.

I've just upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 on my Droid. I'm loving it, but have a few questions. dancedroid

Are there pages for each ROM (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...t-v0-4-android-2-2-frf84b-fully-deodexed.html) that lists features?

I've also noticed people referring to UD and CM6. I believe each stands for Ultimate Droid and CyanogenMod? I don't see either listed here.

What I'm trying to do is find out which mod is more suited for my tastes. Most of the tutorial posts I've read all mention CM6 as being the best...however there are so many I'm sure not all of them have been tried by the ppl who write those posts/tutorials.

Last thing I need to ask. Upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2 required me to install most of my apps again. If I switch to a different mod (let's say CM6) would I have to reinstall my apps and settings again? Is this like reloading the OS to something new, or is this more of an upgrade from 2.2 to the rom?

Thanks to anyone who has the time to help me on these questions. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in short each section has that devs rom and what features they have.

OP
D

drilus

Reaction score
I've looked at the sections, but they are confusingly named. I can't find the section for Cyanogen or Ultimate Droid. Those are the two most talked about from what I've read.

I've seen the Bugless Beast forums, and it seems like an excellent rom. Just trying to get a handle on them all.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Koush for Cyanogen. Ultimate Droid is not supported in this forum, for more information on that ROM go to blackdroidmod.org.

We do have discussion on UD in our Custom ROMs thread.